CD Stuck in radio

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CD Stuck in radio

Walking
    Thanks

CD Stuck in radio

I have a 2004 Malibu that just ate a CD...or so it would appear. I know for a fact that there is a CD in the radio, but every time I hit the eject button, the readout "No Disc" appears in the radio window.... any thoughts on how I might go about removing this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Old Dood's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: CD Stuck in radio

Don't know. I also do not understand WHY there is no 'Pin Hole' on the CD/DVD players in any make of cars.
    The 'Pin Hole' just like on your computers drives that allow you to stick a pin (I use a paper clip) to force the door open and get the disk out.
    TRY to Think Outside of the Box!
    Dag-Nab-It! I missed the thread titled:"Woman Kicked Off Train After 16-hour Cell Phone Chat"

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

This worked for me.

Figure out what fuse controls the CD player and pull the fuse out for a minute (or more), then replace it (theory being that the fuse acts as a reset button). If you cannot find the fuse, you can disconnect the negative battery cable, but you'll lose your radio presets and other settings. This trick seems to have the greatest chance of success overall.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

If it is the Z Malibu the radio fuse is located in the passenger left side kick panel.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 page2171's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ttple View Post
    This worked for me.

Figure out what fuse controls the CD player and pull the fuse out for a minute (or more), then replace it (theory being that the fuse acts as a reset button). If you cannot find the fuse, you can disconnect the negative battery cable, but you'll lose your radio presets and other settings. This trick seems to have the greatest chance of success overall.
    That worked for me a while back with my '04 Malibu (Epsilon type) that had a CD stuck in it. The fuse panel is on the passenger side of the console under the dash.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 RoGuE's Avatar
    Thanks

The trick is that you have to press the Eject button 15-20 to get it to eject. I had mine replaced for this. I swear the radio in this car is awful. I'm on my 4th one already.
    -Jonathan
    2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS w/ 2.2L Ecotec

Walking
    Thanks

Just wanted to give out a great big ol' THANK YOU.... pulled the 10A. fuse this morning, waited a few minutes, reinstalled the fuse and saw the clock flashing 12:00... hit the eject button and out came the culprit... I can only imagine how long I would have waited, or how much I would have paid, if I had taken this into the dealer... Big Props to everyone and and huge Thanks!!!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I had my 04 6 CD player act up a few times, pulled the fuse to get working. Have had no problems for over 2 years. This procedure works with all GM radios.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Glad to hear it worked.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 page2171's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy to hear it worked for you. I was all ready to replace mine when I posted the question on this board and got the same answer that was given you. This is a great place, isn't it?

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information