Can't find oil leak!!!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't find oil leak!!!

Thanks

Can't find oil leak!!!

So 3 nights ago on my way to work I smelled burning oil just as I got to work, when I checked under the hood I found oil all over the last two coil packs on the pass. side of the engine right by the firewall. It was a real cold night and thought maybe my PCV valve froze and maybe burped some oil out the dipstick. It had recently been replaced at an oil change shop and I figured cheap/faulty valve? I wiped it down the best I could and all seemed fine,I ordered GM valve drove home and to work next night nothing. Then it happened again last night,another cold night, and I haven't picked up valve yet.
    What confuses me though is there is nothing on the outside of the dipstick tube like the first time. Other than the oil pressure sending unit which I believe is on the drivers side and it is dry on that side,where else could it be leaking that high up on the engine? It is pretty difficult to see back there and was just wondering if anybody had any ideas??

It is a 2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 with the 6.0.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Silverado 4X4 Black

Re: Can't find oil leak!!!

!st was the dipstick in the whole way????

Thanks

Re: Can't find oil leak!!!

Was just browsing and saw my old post,thought I would share what happened. I picked up the PCV valve and it was different, the new one had a tapered valve inside that looks like it would stop very little airflow when engaged,where as the one they installed would stop the airflow almost completely. After changing it I've had no problems. I looked online and apparently I was lucky as it could have caused alot bigger issues.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information