BCM program

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BCM program

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

BCM program

Is the program in a BCM set in stone or can it be added to, modified?
    Not the PCM in the motor for air/fuel but the BCM in the cabin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: BCM program

I think they are VIN# specific???

shadams might be able to tell you more....

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I am going in tomorrow to the dealer to find out for sure.
    What the tech guy is thinking is that the program can be tweaked but that the specific task that I want may not be written in against my VIN and that another VIN would have to be introduced.
    What we don't know yet is if I can have my VIN assigned to one program and another VIN to yet another program.
    I was just looking to find an answer so I may not have to go in at all and waste the tech's time.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

That was one of the things I mentioned when you first posted about doing this mod. As far as I know the program is specific to the set of options your car has. The system GM uses has programs that the tech would match up based on the options the car has, but it narrows them down right off the bat by VIN # so you dont have to look through every option ever. For example, if a car has power windows or not etc. So since a Soltice doesnt have the type of door locks you are adding I dont know how you would get the BCM to recognize the circut. I am sure its possible to do, I just dont know how or who you would need to talk to to get it done.

One last question, why do you need to go through the BCM, cant you just hardwire in some relays and the switches to the actuators and be done?
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadams
    One last question, why do you need to go through the BCM, cant you just hardwire in some relays and the switches to the actuators and be done?
    I started down the path of working directly with the actuator but then backed off when I wasn't getting the answers that I needed from Delphi regarding pin out locations on the unit itself.
    Another reason was wanting to have it as clean as possible with little if no splicing or rigging.
    I am determined to have everything under the skin look stock.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tweety
    I started down the path of working directly with the actuator but then backed off when I wasn't getting the answers that I needed from Delphi regarding pin out locations on the unit itself.
    Another reason was wanting to have it as clean as possible with little if no splicing or rigging.
    I am determined to have everything under the skin look stock.
    I hear you, and give you props for doing that. I know a guy that works for Delphi as a tech assist, what are the odds, I was given his number yesterday for a radio issue. Ill call him and see what he thinks and let you know.

UPDATE: I talked to a woman at Delphi and she left a message for the guy I was calling for. Anyway she attempted to help me and was asking if you have everything wired in yet. If so what happens when you activate the switch, are any codes set, etc. I didnt now what to tell her. Do you have everything in place yet, or are you trying to get all the answers before you even start?
    Last edited by shadams; 07-11-2006 at 12:58 PM.
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I was suppose to take the car to the dealer for some undercover work yesterday. My schedule is now looking to be early next week.
    The task would be to crimp the white wire from the button into a socket and then put the socket into the connector on the BCM. If it works-hooray. If not then we will see about the program part. If that doesn't work then we may head down the road for swapping the BCM from Solstice to Cobalt.
    There are some circuits on the Cobalt that are the same but in different locations and would have to be relocated in the connector. I really don't want to go that route.

Walking
    Thanks

Is there anyway to re-program a BCM using the tech-II computer without the Code Card???

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

the bcm in the cobalt is programmable, when you get a new one from the factory they are all universal for the vehicle, you have to select what options it has with the tech 2. there is no SPS for BCM in the cobalt.

so thereoretically, you should be able to change the door latches and wire in some actuators and run them to the pins on the BCM.

the BCM already has all the drivers and internal stuff for all vehicles, so you should be able to hook it up.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information