77 chevy 3/4 ton

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 77 chevy 3/4 ton

Thanks

77 chevy 3/4 ton

i got a 77 chevy truck that is my girlfriends but i take care of it now. her dad took care of it before me and he jerry-rigged just about everything. The blower motor doesnt work and i thot it was the the switch so i replaced it b/c the high setting was screwed up when i tested it. it still didnt work. the blower motor is also new b/c the old one rattled a lot. should thier be anything between the switch and the blower motor besides the resistor? i am totally stumped on this and am about to just run a wire from the fuse box straight to the blower but thats my last resort. Any ideas before i try to tear the dash apart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 77 chevy 3/4 ton

Silly question, but have you checked the full length of wire for breaks or fraying?

K-1
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Traverse Black Granite

Did you replace the resistor?

Thanks

there were no breaks in the wires and if the resistor was bad, it wuld only work on high. i discoverd over the weekend that when the old blower broke, i replaced it with a new one from oreillys, turns out the computer lists the wrong one and it caused the wheel to hit part of the dash and locked up the motor. i filed the end of the motor down a bit and it has just enough clearance now.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information