600 for a mode actuator?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 600 for a mode actuator?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 member12's Avatar
    Thanks

600 for a mode actuator?

they want 600 for one for a 2002 Trailblazer- 6hours labor? sound ok?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 73ChevelleSS's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 600 for a mode actuator?

Quote Originally Posted by member12
    they want 600 for one for a 2002 Trailblazer- 6hours labor? sound ok?
    If it is the mode actuator for the pass side temp the dash has to come out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lynch mob
    If it is the mode actuator for the pass side temp the dash has to come out.
    Yeah, thats what the guy said. This is at Gerry Lane Chevrolet on Florida Blvd in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

I got him down to 410 plus taxes (instead of 575 plus taxes).

Jeez, that is quite a lot for an ratcheting sound coming from the dash. It was getting really embarrassing, though shuttling my friends around sometimes- they all drive Toyota Tundras and Ford Explorers. Does it really take 6 hours in labor for that?

Oh well, I told him to go ahead and do it for the negotiated price. It had better be done right, or I am through with Chevrolet. I had a 10 year old pickup that never once needed a mode actuator- whatever that is. I think that if the new way doesn't work, GM should go back to the old way, since it worked much better in my Silverado.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks

Yeah, thats what the guy said. This is at Gerry Lane Chevrolet on Florida Blvd in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Jeez, that is quite a lot for an ratcheting sound coming from the dash. It was getting really embarrassing, though shuttling my friends around sometimes- they all drive Toyota Tundras and Ford Explorers. Does it really take 6 hours in labor for that?

Oh well, I told him to go ahead and do it for the negotiated price. It had better be done right, or I am through with Chevrolet. I had a 10 year old pickup that never once needed a mode actuator- whatever that is. I think that if the new way doesn't work, GM should go back to the old way, since it worked much better in my Silverado.

Ironically your 95 style truck went through actuators like such a lot more than the GMT-360's! Anyways...not a bad installed price, IMO.

Thanks

It really does not matter how long it takes to do.He quoted you a flat rate time.The price he gave you is very reasonable.This is probably based on the fact that the labor rate in Baton Rouge is lower than other parts of the country.

Thanks

It really does not matter how long it takes to do.He quoted you a flat rate time.The price he gave you is very reasonable.This is probably based on the fact that the labor rate in Baton Rouge is lower than other parts of the country.
    Good, I belive you guys..I really couldn't stand that ticking noise. Driving me nuts. I am glad the guy game me a good price. 410+ tax is good, comes out to around 455 and change. I was always impressed with their service department, but I was a little curious because I think I brought this up a while back and someone said around 300 is acceptable, but that was before I found out that it was the one deep in the dash. Anyways, this dealership has my respect now, and the will be the first stop on my trip to a new Silverado in a couple of years. Thanks Sonoma and Lynch Mob.

Thanks

Good, I belive you guys..I really couldn't stand that ticking noise. Driving me nuts. I am glad the guy game me a good price. 410+ tax is good, comes out to around 455 and change. I was always impressed with their service department, but I was a little curious because I think I brought this up a while back and someone said around 300 is acceptable, but that was before I found out that it was the one deep in the dash. Anyways, this dealership has my respect now, and the will be the first stop on my trip to a new Silverado in a couple of years. Thanks Sonoma and Lynch Mob.

Gerry Lane is OK, but I'd look a little NW of you for a GMC!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMCSonoma
    Gerry Lane is OK, but I'd look a little NW of you for a GMC!
    Yeah, Yeah, everyone tells me that. I know the family well. They sell Hummer H2s now, too. My empty nester parents, particularly my Dad, is eying those H3s. He works down the street from Maggios's store in New Roads....I see Maggio liscense plates all over Baton Rouge now, too. I think he outsells both full line dealerships in New Roads. They even have a motorsports place that sells ATVs and Boats across the street.

Thanks

OK, just got the Trailblazer back today. The total cost was a hair under 450.
    The next thing I want to do to this truck is to take that ugly plastic thing hanging off the front bumper without breaking it. That will be this weekend's project. Cleaned her up today. Looks good, and no more ratcheting noise.
    Last edited by member12; 10-26-2005 at 08:41 PM.

Rik
    2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

It's @ $75.00 an hour here in Baton Rouge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rik
    It's @ $75.00 an hour here in Baton Rouge.
    Wow we were at $75 an hour in Chicago in the early 90's.That is real cheap.Our warranty labor rate meaning what GM pays the dealer is $105 per hour.

Thanks

Wow we were at $75 an hour in Chicago in the early 90's.That is real cheap.Our warranty labor rate meaning what GM pays the dealer is $105 per hour.

That is because you are most likely an union shop and in a large metro area.

Up here the average is $75-$85 in non-union stores, which the locals think is highway robbery already!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMCSonoma
    That is because you are most likely an union shop and in a large metro area.

Up here the average is $75-$85 in non-union stores, which the locals think is highway robbery already!
    Yes we are Union.But that really does not affect the labor rate at all.The non Union shops are pretty close also.Like you said though being in a Metro area is really what drives the labor rate up.It costs a lot more to do business in Chicago than other parts of the country.

Thanks

Yes we are Union.But that really does not affect the labor rate at all.The non Union shops are pretty close also.Like you said though being in a Metro area is really what drives the labor rate up.It costs a lot more to do business in Chicago than other parts of the country.
    Houston is about the cheapest!

Thanks

Ha, All Star Chevrolet on Airline at Sherwood quoted $85 an hour, but they work on Saturdays, and later in the evening. I went with Gerry Lane at a discounted rate. They cleaned the bugs off the windshield for me, and tightened the shift nob. Really impressed with them.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information