GM Inside News Forum banner

6 Door Silverado Dually?

34K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  SDRacing 
#1 ·
My dad has had the idea that he wants to convert his 03 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually crew cab Duramax to a 6 door. The reason for this is he used to have a Suburban and he doesn't really want to have a Suburban and his truck. It would take away his 8 foot bed and make it a 6 foot and then there would be 6 doors and 3 rows of seats. He uses his truck probably 3 times a week just for towing, but it is also his everyday vehicle so he wants to get a nice used 1500 for everyday use and leave this one is the garage more (it already has 70,000 miles. Him and I have both seen multiple trucks like this but we can't seem to find anyplace that will do it (they say they would have to build 2 of them to crash test one)

Does anyone know some places that will do it, preferably around PA?

#3 ·
I actually know where there is one here in NE. The guy custom built it himself because he needed it and had a lots of kids to haul. I think its a 1996 GMC sierra 2500. He even ditched the 6.5L diesel for a newer cummins out of a RAM. It would take a lot of work, Frame lengthening and sheetetal work for the cab. Its gonna take $$$$$

#5 ·
327 said:
I actually know where there is one here in NE. The guy custom built it himself because he needed it and had a lots of kids to haul. I think its a 1996 GMC sierra 2500. He even ditched the 6.5L diesel for a newer cummins out of a RAM. It would take a lot of work, Frame lengthening and sheetetal work for the cab. Its gonna take $$$$$
Yea, it will take some money, but it will still be cheaper then a new Suburban.

#6 ·
If he's going to have a separate regular cab pickup for "pickup" duties, why not get a Suburban of similar age, then have the other pickup for the stuff that requires a truck? I'd have to wager that 327 is right, something like this would take a lot of money, and on a 70,000 mile truck, is it worth it? It would probably cost more to do the conversion than the truck is worth, and you'd never get close to your money out of it.

#7 ·
I once saw a circa 1996 F250 or F350 with singles, 4x4 Power Stroke, with 4 doors as they normally are, but with a Supercab behind that.

#9 ·
SDRacing said:
have him check out www.mckinleyconversions.com. it wont add another set of doors, but it will add a 3rd row seat.
Hey I just checked out that sight, that's a good idea, buy my problem is they just don't quite match the look of the trucks. I'll have my dad check them out and see what he thinks.

#10 ·
FordRules said:
Kinda Like this in a way:
WOW, now that's a truck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.