GM Inside News Forum banner

2013 Equinox Remote Start

25K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  knack0125 
#1 ·
I just got a 2013 Equinox company vehicle. I was used to remote start on my previous vehicles (especially in winter). Does anyone know if I can add this feature to my 2103 Equinox.

#3 ·
I did see a kit while searching the web. I went to a local dealer. They called the GM accessories people and they said "they are still working on a remote start kit". Part numbers would be appreciated. I think I'll try another dealer. I would only but one additional key fob and just keep in in the house (assuming my original ones would still work). I would also imagine some re-programming is involved.

#4 ·
Chevrolet Accessories>Electronics>Remote Start

Sort By:product A-ZProduct Z-APrice (Low to High)Price (High to Low)

Remote Start

Click here to check if the part fits your vehicle.

Part Name: Factory Remote Start - For Use on Vehicles Not Equipped with Factory Remote Start (BTV). Includes Part Number 22909711, Hood Latch. Requires purchase of 2 Keys with Transmitters. Refer to Service Parts Catalog for part numbers and pricing. For Use on MY13 Only.

Part Number: 22957875

Not for RPO's: BTV
BTV - CONTROL REMOTE ENGINE START

By pressing a button on the key fob, the Remote Start system starts your parked vehicle. Great for pre-warming or pre-cooling your Equinox. Seamlessly integrated with your vehicle's anti-theft and remote keyless entry systems. For the Remote Start system to be compatible with the OnStar RemoteLink system, the vehicle must be equipped, from the GM factory, with the remote start feature

#5 ·
The system could just not be up yet for the '13 models even with them rolling out. I had (even with hearing otherwise) asked back in December about Intelilink for my '12 Terrain and it showed nothing. Which didn't suprise me but since its an "option" on the car, I should be able to put it in afterwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.