2011 Cruze Idle Problems

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Cruze Idle Problems

Walking
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Cruze

Unhappy 2011 Cruze Idle Problems

I have a 2011 Cruze with 94,000 miles. Recently, the car has developed an idle problem on top of the same rough shifting, acceleration hesitation and disappearing coolant issues that are so commonly heard about. The car is a little more sluggish than usual when accelerating from highway speeds and at an idle, it is very rough and I need to keep a little pressure on the accelerator to keep it running somewhat smoother. It's throwing "system too lean" and "Fuel/Air mixture" codes with a rare "O2 sensor" and "multiple misfire" code. Since the idle issue started, it has also started throwing "Service Traction Control System" and "Service Stabilitrac System" notices. Could use some assistance on this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2011 Cruze Idle Problems

If the engine is not running correctly it will turn off the Trac Control and Stabilitrac-which will trigger the warnings.

Several possibilities-fuel injectors could be clogged, ect. Need diagnosis to read all problem codes. Start with code that addresses engine running that comes up first. Could be o2 sensor.

Stay away from discount fuels.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gburtis View Post
    I have a 2011 Cruze with 94,000 miles. Recently, the car has developed an idle problem on top of the same rough shifting, acceleration hesitation and disappearing coolant issues that are so commonly heard about. The car is a little more sluggish than usual when accelerating from highway speeds and at an idle, it is very rough and I need to keep a little pressure on the accelerator to keep it running somewhat smoother. It's throwing "system too lean" and "Fuel/Air mixture" codes with a rare "O2 sensor" and "multiple misfire" code. Since the idle issue started, it has also started throwing "Service Traction Control System" and "Service Stabilitrac System" notices. Could use some assistance on this one.

5 year / 100.000 mile power train warranty.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm extremely sorry to hear about your concern. We would like to get involved and offer assistance on this issue. Could you please private message us your name, address, phone number, vehicle identification number, and current mileage?

Thank you,

Jessica L.
    GM Customer Care
    Follow us @GMCustomerSvc on Twitter.

Thanks

Take it straight to the dealer...not much else to say.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Silverado 1500 Z71

+3 Take it to the dealer 5yr/100k powertrain and let them fix it.

Nova Omega Ventura Apollo gets you NOVA, genius isn't it?

Occupy Wall Streeters should go occupy their homes...or a job...

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gburtis View Post

Update?

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information