2007 Escalade Bolt Pattern

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Escalade Bolt Pattern

Thanks

Exclamation 2007 Escalade Bolt Pattern

Does anyone know the exact bolt pattern of the 2007 Escalade. I'm assuming they are the same as other GM SUVS (Yukon, Tahoe), and I know they are 6 lug... So they would be 6x ___ ...

Does anyone know the bolt pattern?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2007 Escalade Bolt Pattern

Thank you for making a new thread...

But unfortunetly I don't know. Where are you getting these rims at?
    I'll make a new sig. Later.

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: 2007 Escalade Bolt Pattern

My dad just bought the 2007 Escalade with the 22s for my mom, and he might be buying these http://www.stradawheels.com/pgs/s08.html rims for it because her name is Starr... anyway, I'm wondering if/ hoping I can put the Escalade rims on my 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee since they wont be being used... Do you think this is possible? And if I were to do this, I would need to buy an adaptor in order to fit the 6 lug (?) rims on my Jeep, which is a 5 lug.....

Thanks

I think I'm fairly safe in saying that the GMT900's share the same bolt patterns the 800's have. Unless GM went to the trouble of changing the Caddie's alone, that is. One of our local Chevy dealers has already put a set of GM 20's on a 2007 Tahoe, and the 20's aren't the factory 2007 wheels, but a set of the GM 20's that he's also got on some Silverado's on the lot.

That doesn't say anything about backspacing issues though. Who knows if these wheels will cause rubbing issues or not?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

The bolt pattern is 6x5.5 for the 07 Escalade, and USA1Fan is correct, the 900 has not changed from the 800's bolt pattern, both are the same.

As far as putting them on your Jeep...you might as well go buy rims for it because you'd need a 6lug conversion hub set which is yet to be developed for a Jeep to GM bolt pattern. And even if you switched out your hub to one off an older Jeep (which im certain you cannot do either considering the only jeeps with 6lugs had manual hub locks for the 4x4) the bolt pattern for the Jeep/Dodge 6lug is 6x4.5, not to mention the offest is way differant, so it still wont work either way, it can't be done. Sorry.
    Last edited by HoeyHimself; 03-24-2006 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: 2007 Escalade Bolt Pattern

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoa! $100 each, thats 400 bucks...if it works then I'd say it's worth it.
    I'll make a new sig. Later.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Slickblade365
    I wouldnt recommend an adapter like that. Look at the huge spacing its going to give you!...Personally, the only way If ever go from a 5 bolt to a 6 bolt is if I could take the entire hub off of a vehicle with a 6 lug and swap it with my 5 lug..sure there are those adapters, but it will throw your offset way off. I've never looked to far into adapters like that, so when I said it couldn't be done, I meant it couldnt be done by swaping entire hubs..which is the best way at doing it. Also, with that huge gap, and considering the width of a rim as large as a 22"..your Jeep may end up looking like a Mexi- LowRider (not meaning to offend anyone.) and those wheels may stick out alot further then what you may consider classy. Also, do you know how well those 22"s will fit? if they are two wide they may rub something fierce into your inner wheel wells. If you can return those adapters, give it a shot, toss them on and make sure to torque them down to your stock jeep specs. and do the same with the escalade rims. But your going to want to take it somewhere, like a tire/wheel place in your area and get a allingment and see what they think once they are on. If it dosent work, you can hopefully return those adapters. Good Luck

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

While the bolt pattern is the same from 800 to 900, the backspacing IS different!!!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Quote Originally Posted by R9808
    While the bolt pattern is the same from 800 to 900, the backspacing IS different!!!
    What does that have to do with what we're talking about? Besides, the backspacing is the wheel width divided by 2 + the offset+ about 1/4 inch...the wheel width and the offset hasnt changed...so how do you figure? Backspacing means the distance from the mounting surface to the inner lip of the wheel....the backspacing could be a 1" differance from the 800 to the 900 and it still really wouldnt make a differance, but its not!..if memory serves correct the backspacing for both is about 5 inch. I've personally mounted the exact same wheels on a 07 and an older escalade. A guy traded his 03 er 04 EXT in for the new Escalade, he bought a set factory Caddy 22"s from our dealership in addition to his stock rims that came on his EXT, when he traded it in he kept the 22s and we mounted the 22s on the new 07. Being under warrenty, I am certain we would not have been allowed to do so if it were not 100%.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoeyHimself
    ..backspacing is the wheel width divided by 2 + the offset+ about 1/4 inch..

..Backspacing means the distance from the mounting surface to the inner lip of the wheel..
    Which is it? Those two descriptions can give entirely different results when calculating numbers. I always thought that backspacing was the latter.

But if the wheel width and offset are exactly the same then I'd say your right about the wheel fitment. (This also implies that the backspacing would be the same, btw, even though it's not the same number as either the wheel width or the offset.)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Quote Originally Posted by USA1Fan
    Which is it? Those two descriptions can give entirely different results when calculating numbers. I always thought that backspacing was the latter.

But if the wheel width and offset are exactly the same then I'd say your right about the wheel fitment. (This also implies that the backspacing would be the same, btw, even though it's not the same number as either the wheel width or the offset.)
    That little equation I found on-line, I didnt punch in any numbers to figure it out myself. But the second definition I gave is exactly what backspacing is.

With the aftermarket wheel industries interest in vehicles like the Escalade, and just out of "Why would they?" questions, I don't see GM making such a change that would cause problems with putting aftermarket wheels from the 800 on the 900..just dosnt make sense.

Thanks

I wouldn't have expected GM to use the strange six lug pattern that they did on the GMT360's for the same reason. But they did, and for the longest time it was hard to find aftermarket wheels for any of the vehicles on that platform. After having owned one and seen how hard it was to find properly sized wheels, I've stopped taking anything for granted. :P

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information