2006 Chevrolet Impala - door speakers sometimes work

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 Chevrolet Impala - door speakers sometimes work

Walking
    Thanks

2006 Chevrolet Impala - door speakers sometimes work

In my Impala sometimes the door speakers work, but most of the time they don't. The dash tweeters and rear speakers always work. But as you can imagine the sound is not good with only tweeters up front. Do you think it is the wiring or something in the in-dash unit? Would like to fix this, thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Re: 2006 Chevrolet Impala - door speakers sometimes work

Stock radio? Stock speakers? Stock wiring? Radio removed and/or replaced? Have you adjusted the front - rear / side to side fade using the radio controls? Have you tried adjusting these controls based upon the owner's manual instructions?

Walking
    Thanks

stock everything, hasn't been touched since I have owned it (2 yrs), door speakers are not working but dash tweeters are, so not related to fade, also sometimes speakers just start working, so again not related I fade

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sonjaab's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not opening up the door panels and hooking up another speaker or 2 to test to see if the factory speakers are bad?
    I would guess if the a-pillar tweeters work then the front radio channels are not blown which would lead me to bad speakers.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

with the radio on open and close the door related to see if the speaker comes on and off, sometimes the wiring in the door jam breaks and causes issues. i'd also check the connection at the speaker and see if there is corrosion on it. also do a wiggle test, and unplug and plug the speaker back in to see if it wakes up.

LaFontaine Pontiac, Cadillac, Buick, GMC

-ASE Master Certified
    -ASEP Certified
    -NATEF Certified

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

im having the same problem on our 2007 Impala. (onstar sound is barely heard on the tweeter). It also comes and goes sometimes.
    I was going to remove the factory speaker.
    But- well be moving up to a 2013 Nox.. so im not going to worry much about it.

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Myagi View Post
    with the radio on open and close the door related to see if the speaker comes on and off, sometimes the wiring in the door jam breaks and causes issues. i'd also check the connection at the speaker and see if there is corrosion on it. also do a wiggle test, and unplug and plug the speaker back in to see if it wakes up.
    I just came across this thread in my inbox and have not messed with my radio at all since then. I am replacing a stock head unit for a friend's 2009 G5 tomorrow (with a double din aftermarket) because the radio display is not working. Maybe I can take a look at my speakers while we're at it. I am fairly certain it has to be the wiring the way it's acting.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information