2005 Chevy Equinox Liquid sound and fan issue

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 Chevy Equinox Liquid sound and fan issue

Walking
    Thanks

2005 Chevy Equinox Liquid sound and fan issue

I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox
    I was hearing a trickling/liquid sound behind the dash/instrument panel area and noticed my radiator fan was coming on at odd times and once stayed on after car turned off for a couple minutes.
    I took it in to the dealership and $900 later they replaced my intake gasket stating that was the issue. They also tested the coolant system to be sure there were no leaks and there were not.
    Well it is one week later and I am hearing the liquid again and of yesterday the fan began kicking on too. The thermostat never reads hot and I am worried what they will find when I take it back.
    Anyone know what the issue may be? I am about ready to just trade it in!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2005 Chevy Equinox Liquid sound and fan issue

If the liquid sound is a sloshing sound, it could be low coolant. It is difficult to get all the air out of your vehicle's closed system, and may take several tries. If the system is full of coolant, the heater core may be clogged.

If the intake gasket was not leaking (which would have resulted in low coolant-which would have made a sloshing sound, and your fan coming on at odd times and staying on) I'm not sure why they would have replaced it.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krystalberry View Post
    I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox
    I was hearing a trickling/liquid sound behind the dash/instrument panel area and noticed my radiator fan was coming on at odd times and once stayed on after car turned off for a couple minutes.
    I took it in to the dealership and $900 later they replaced my intake gasket stating that was the issue. They also tested the coolant system to be sure there were no leaks and there were not.
    Well it is one week later and I am hearing the liquid again and of yesterday the fan began kicking on too. The thermostat never reads hot and I am worried what they will find when I take it back.
    Anyone know what the issue may be? I am about ready to just trade it in!
    We apologize for any inconveniences or frustrations that you are currently experiencing. Have you taken it back to the dealership where you had the previous work done? They should be able to address this for you. Also, if you want to private message me with your VIN, I can check any information that may be related to it.

We look forward to your response.

Brandon (assisting Katie)
    GM Customer Service
    Follow us @GMCustomerSvc on Twitter.

Walking
    Thanks

Ya it was slightly sloshing but more like it was trickling behind the dash area. When I took it they said the gasket needed to be replaced and we caught the issue early enough for no major problems. They also said since coolant system did not have any pressure on it they may find a leak after gasket was replaced. They did refill the coolant for me.
    Well they tested the coolant system and found no problems and let me pick the car up but fast forward to now the same issues are back. I am not sure if the coolant system issues are commonly delayed or not. As you said it is difficult to get all the air out.
    Makes me really wonder if the gasket was ever a problem or not. Or why the exact issues before it was replaced have come back.
    I am not very happy with the dealership but am getting a free diagnostic since I already paid to have his problem fixed. I am worried how much it is going to cost and my just trade it in and get something else not GM.

Walking
    Thanks

Yes I have now taken it back to the dealership but worry how much it will cost this time. It is just frustrating to have the same exact problem pop back up after spending almost a thousand dollars.
    What do you mean by check info related to it with my VIN?

Walking
    Thanks

The GM Tech 2 is the same tester GM Technicians use to diagnose GM vehicles. The Vetronix Tech 2 comes with Authentic GM software and provides support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru 2012.

Cooperate with the software TSI2000 can realize the function of diagnosis and programming.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information