2004 Impala LS sunroof problem...help!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2004 Impala LS sunroof problem...help!

Walking
    Thanks

2004 Impala LS sunroof problem...help!

First post here, so if this is a common problem I apologise for making another thread about it. I looked around a bit and didn't see any threads about this.

I have a 2004 Impala LS and it came with the automatic sunroof.

I have had intermittent problems with the sunroof since day one. Most of the time it works ok, but sometimes when I'm opening or closing it, it just stops. Then I have to hit the button again and it will either continue and close or continue and then stop again.

I have found no rhyme or reason for this. Naturally, whenever I have brought the car in for service at the Chev Dealership I have mentioned the issue and every time I get the car back I'm told "We weren't able to repeat the problem so sorry." I don't know whether to believe them or not as it wouldn't be the first time they have tried to weasel out of doing work meanwhile the car is under warrenty. heh, I'm SURE they will find the problem as soon as I have to PAY for it...but I digress.

Does anyone else have this intermittent problem with opening or closing the sunroof? any ideas?

I need all the help I can get here as I would hate to pay for something that SHOULD be fixed under warrenty considering this has been a problem from the start.

Any help would be good...thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Re: 2004 Impala LS sunroof problem...help!

I still have time on my warrenty as it is 3 yrs or 60,000km.

I bought the car in August 2004 and currently have approx. 24,000km on it. I did buy the car new, so it isn't a used car.

I don't think they have tried anything other then opening and closing it and telling me everything is ok. I will ask them to re-initialize the sunroof when I go in for my next oil change.

Thanks for the advice, it is greatly appreciated.

Now, if I ask them to re-initialize it can they tell me they won't do it unless THEY see the problem?

Also, you said you heard of some issues where there any other solutions that you are aware of?

Once again...thanks dude!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information