GM Inside News Forum banner

2000 Malibu no blower motor or guages, theft light.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mentat Bashar 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm working on my girlfriends 2000 Malibu. As the title says there's no blower motor operation, the gas gauge and temp gauge doesn't work either. The theft light is on as well. This just happened today when she started it up. She's gonna need heat for the MN winter so I'm out here in the rain checking fuses and grounds. I found the G103 fuse splice is a common source of problems says the internet. I located it on the car and did a visual check and it looks good but I can't really get in there to take it apart and redo it in the dark holding a flashlight. So far all the related fuses look good as well.

Any ideas? The theft light being on with the rest of it confuses me.

Thanks for any replies.

#3 ·
I did a little more work on it now. I had to remove the air intake to get to the G103 ground. I took it off the bellhousing bolt which looked clean and dry. I dissembled the ground connection, looked clean and dry, no corrosion. Assembling things back together I noticed another ground splice block on the drivers side fender by the air intake. I took this one apart and it looked a little dirtier but not too bad. I reassembled everything and there is no change from before. If you've never tried fixing an auto holding a flash light in the hood as the cold rain lightly goes down the back of your shirt I highly recommend it. It really makes you question the choices you've made that've brought you to your present point in life.

#4 ·
If you've never tried fixing an auto holding a flash light in the hood as the cold rain lightly goes down the back of your shirt I highly recommend it. It really makes you question the choices you've made that've brought you to your present point in life.
I have no information to add to help you and I cannot recall working in the rain but I have changed out a clutch out in the open, in winter. One word, awesome! It did indeed make me question the choices I made that brought me to that point. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.