2013 Ford Flex Limited - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Ford Flex Limited

Thanks

Re: 2013 Ford Flex Limited

Silver would look funny, I was thinking the white suede might work with it but still hit or miss like you say.

I wouldn't want the black roof either, more because of it absorbing the heat from the sun in summer.
    "Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" - The Office

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,519 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

The white only works on the blue, red or black. Anything else and it looks very off to just have a blob of white up there. Still, that is another awesome option you can customize on the Flex.

I did notice the "wood" for the first time today in the sunlight. It has a very nice warm feel to it even though its a rather dark trim.

Had to fill up yesterday as well. The capless filling system is awesome. No worry about hanging the cap on the fuel door. No worry about get gas on your hands. Two thumbs up for that one.

Messed around with the intelligent access a little earlier today too. With a key in your pocket you can either use the keypad on the B-pillar to unlock the doors or just place your hand in the door handle and pull to open. If you leave it there for slightly longer before you pull the door open it will unlock all the doors. Very nice feature.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,950 Times in 2,152 Posts
    My Ride
    15Soul+; 01 PT LTD

Your roof solution is a nice grey or tan padded vinyl roof. Maybe with a landau curvey thingie tagged on, with opera lamps? Just trying to be helpful here...

http://hooniverse.com/2012/01/05/hoo...uve-ever-seen/

http://www.classiccarstodayonline.co...ng-a-comeback/

Oh, congratulations on your new carriage. Sounds big.
    15 Soul 13Charger 13Soul 11V6200 07GPGXP 07Spectra 95LHS 04Imp
    "When they feel the heat, they see the light." --Ronald Wilson Reagan

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) t-rex's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Jaguar XF, 2009 Ford Flex

Welcome to an almost exclusive club, bballr! You'll be pleased to know that the longer you own a Flex, the more you love it. Ours, lovingly nicknamed "Flicky", is such a part of the family that the suggestion of trading it (we need 8+ seats now) drew vociferous opposition from my young 'uns. I went so far as to search for an aftermarket solution to increase seating, or more succintly, seatbelt capacity, but alas, liability issues quelled that idea.
    Last edited by t-rex; 02-04-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Congratulations on your new Flex, and I am sure that you enjoy the new technology as well.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 Fiesta ST Ingot Silver

Congratulations on your new Flex, excellent choice!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 Buick Park Avenue

I've always liked the Flex, and think Ford stepped up by sticking with that design. Its bold and classy, but some people call that ugly.

Congrats on the new ride!
    Hidden Content
    Present Ride: 2002 Buick Park Avenue, 217,000 Miles

Past Rides:
    1996 Buick Riviera, 188,800 Miles
    1995 Pontiac Trans Sport 210,000 Miles

Buick, The American Riviera.
    Updated: 3-7-2017

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Good choice of vehicle! I am considering one as replacement for my '11 Edge Limited later this year, along with the Explorer Sport, Lincoln MKX and Mercedes GLK 350. It's almost _too_ much vehicle for me but it's certainly unique. I would get the Ecoboost because, although I am extremely pleased with the 3.5, I wouldn't want to saddle that powertrain with more weight. Also I would prefer an Edge-like panoramic roof than the setup in the Flex, especially since the rear sunshades are manual.

With respect to the radar cruise control, I wasn't aware that it is able to bring the car to a complete stop. I thought 'Brake Support' meant it pre-charges the brakes in case of imminent collision. One of the neat features of the Mercedes system is the ability to come to a complete stop and accelerate again when the obstruction clears. Can you confirm?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

It will NOT come to a complete stop. The system turns off once you reach 16MPH. It does precharge the brakes though so you have plenty of power to stop in a panic if you need to but with the radar you should never need to.

Our limited should be right around 4600lbs which isnt light by any means but its right in the middle of the class.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    It will NOT come to a complete stop. The system turns off once you reach 16MPH. It does precharge the brakes though so you have plenty of power to stop in a panic if you need to but with the radar you should never need to.
    I see.... thanks for the clarification.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post

Our limited should be right around 4600lbs which isnt light by any means but its right in the middle of the class.
    Isn't it interesting how you don't think you need new technology but after a while one absolutely requires it?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

We didnt really want the adaptive cruise but it came bundled all together with all the other technology stuff.

I just wanted cooled seats! lol

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Andrew L's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 MKZ Hybrid

That color looks pretty good on the Flex, tho not so much on other models like the MKS. Congrats on the purchase!
    Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
    Previous Cars
    2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
    2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
    1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

doh
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 doh's Avatar
    Thanks

A great choice! And I have to say the Nicest Driving Ford we sell.

I have said it again and again, in selling them to skeptics, of it's looks, that just drive it and tell me what you think? Most come back from the test ride and put it on thier list, or buy it.

Everything from the seats to the sitting position are all in the right place.

But I still have a problem trying to sell it to my Wife as a replacement for our Windstar. She still can't get past the boxyness. She keeps looking at the Explorer, Which ain't going to happen, because it is just not that much of an Off Road Use vehicle.

I liken it to selling the Aztec in early 2000 (without the quirky Cooler), The people who drove them liked them, if you didn't get them behind the wheel, there was no woy you were going to sell them.

1st or 2nd on my list, 10th-12th on my wife's list. And I drive them everyday. I wish she did.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Exactly right. It is the nicest driving Ford. It literally fits its skin perfectly. The Taurus feels too heavy, the Explorer has that annoying SUV feel that so many love for what ever dumb reason (no offense to anyone that owns it) but the Flex feels just right. I got to have a little fun with it today and it preformed great. Not sports car great but Im confident I could take it through some of the backroads here and still have a fun drive.

The best part? The wife literally loves it. Gonna be sad if Ford doesnt give it a new generation.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information