GM Card Earnings for sale: $4157.50 for $3000 OBO

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM Card Earnings for sale: $4157.50 for $3000 OBO

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Pontiac GTO M6

GM Card Earnings for sale: $4157.50 for $3000 OBO

I had planned to use these earnings on a G8 GXP M6, but, completely missed out on that last year -- my bad. Sadly there's nothing now in the GM lineup that really catches my attention that's in that same price point and is a comparable vehicle.

At any rate, these are old program rules (pre 2001), so there are no redemption limits. Yes, that means ALL $4157.50 can be applied to any one GM vehicle... yes even the sub $10K priced Aveo (and yes, the thought has crossed my mind to buy one of these just to immediately resell, but, since tax will be charged twice, this kind of negates any advantage to the GM earnings).

At any rate I live in Los Angeles area, so, this would work best if you were local to me. Easiest way is you go to your favorite dealer, pick out your car, negotiate best price, and then call me. I meet you at the dealership, apply the earnings to your car, your dealer will confirm that the money has been applied, and your total cost is reduced by $4157.50. You then pay me the $3000, cash please. We then part ways. You enjoy your net savings of $1157.50.

thehawk75

PS: For those of you familiar with the old program rules and the $500/year earning limit over 7 years wondering how I have $4157.50 worth of GM earnings, contrary to belief that only $3500 can be earned in 7 years, you can in fact earn into the 8th year because earnings expire in the month (7 years later) that they were earned, this is independent of your anniversary date. My anniversary date is in august, but, my oldest earnings don't start to expire until Oct. I've been charging on the card this August already. In addition, I made use of a few bonus earning offers (for example last December they gave an additional 5% on all purchases).
    Last edited by thehawk75; 09-05-2014 at 06:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: GM Card Earnings for sale: $4157.50 for $3000 OBO

I thought in order to redeem earnings the purchaser has to be either:

A. On the GM card
    B. On the car title
    ------------
    Goochman

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
    2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
    2014 Ford Explorer Limited

Thanks

Are those rules still in effect following bankruptcy?
    2014 Silverado 4x4 LTZ

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

yes you would have to put the person on the card as a user to use the bonus points. (somewhat risky)

Not sure it would work. Why not treat yourself to a new corvette Grand Sport?

You deserve it.

Goodluck either way.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by goochman View Post
    I thought in order to redeem earnings the purchaser has to be either:

A. On the GM card
    B. On the car title
    Yes, you are correct. I didn't think it necessary to explain how I was going to transfer the earnings over, as it's for me to worry about. The buyer should really only be concerned that they get them, thus my willingness to accept payment AFTER it's been confirmed that the earnings have been applied.

If you must know the process, I would meet you at the dealer, call the credit card company, put you as an authorized user on the card, but, request you actually not get sent a card. You then go buy the car, and apply the earnings. Dealer would instantly be able to confirm that the earnings have been applied. You pay me the agreed price for those earnings. I call back the credit card company and remove you from my card. Quite painless.

I've done this before, and first time I did it, of all things, GM customer service told me how to do it. The lady at GM redemptions actually told me that this is how people sell their points to others.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    yes you would have to put the person on the card as a user to use the bonus points. (somewhat risky)

Not sure it would work. Why not treat yourself to a new corvette Grand Sport?

You deserve it.

Goodluck either way.
    Beautiful car, and would love to get one. But alas whether I deserve it or not, the price tag is just a little beyond what I'd be comfortable with. I'll have to live with the 2-door G8 GXP (also known as a GTO) a while longer...

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk75 View Post
    Yes, you are correct. I didn't think it necessary to explain how I was going to transfer the earnings over, as it's for me to worry about. The buyer should really only be concerned that they get them, thus my willingness to accept payment AFTER it's been confirmed that the earnings have been applied.

If you must know the process, I would meet you at the dealer, call the credit card company, put you as an authorized user on the card, but, request you actually not get sent a card. You then go buy the car, and apply the earnings. Dealer would instantly be able to confirm that the earnings have been applied. You pay me the agreed price for those earnings. I call back the credit card company and remove you from my card. Quite painless.

I've done this before, and first time I did it, of all things, GM customer service told me how to do it. The lady at GM redemptions actually told me that this is how people sell their points to others.
    I did this the same way for my brother-in-law. Worked out well.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Pontiac GTO M6

Just giving one last bump to this thread, and sweetening the offer a bit.

I have an additional $100 of earnings available now. Will keep the price the same.

So, that's $4257.50 off any GM car/truck for $3000 -- $1257.50 net benefit to you.

A bunch of these points expire on the 7th of September (I guess technically the 8th because you can still use them on the 7th), and after that, there would be little point for me to bother selling the rest at the same discount since the rest have another 2 years before expiring.

I suppose if you are not local to me we could still do the transaction using paypal (or some other service), unfortunately they have nearly a 4% fee that I'd have to add to the price.

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Kris, do you still have your points for sale? I am Elmo on this site. John jfa61@yahoo.com I am interested in them.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Pontiac GTO M6

Sent you an e-mail.

For all those interested, unfortunately $1500 worth of earnings did expire, so I've only got $2950(ish) at the moment. They won't expire for 2 years, so, I'm obviously not in as much of a rush to sell them now (naturally could be still persuaded by the right offer of course). Maybe GM will have something I'm interested at the time (I can only hope the Camaro 2SS goes on sale for a few thousand less).

Thanks

Good Luck Hawk.

At least in Canada they have to be used by the card holder. They only way you can transfer them is to a immediate family member. No one else!
    2008 Corvette ZO6
    2011 Silverado LTZ Crew
    2014 Sierra SLE Short Box
    2011 HD 103 Street Glide

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by LIKAROK View Post
    Good Luck Hawk.

At least in Canada they have to be used by the card holder. They only way you can transfer them is to a immediate family member. No one else!
    Thanks.

Well as it turns out, GM gave me a bonus $1000 to use by the end of the month. So, there's a total of about $4K available, if anyone is interested. Say $2500 ?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Thanks.

Well as it turns out, GM gave me a bonus $1000 to use by the end of the month. So, there's a total of about $4K available, if anyone is interested. Say $2500 ?
    I wish they would give me a $1000 bonus on my card... Then again, my Regal wont be ready by the end of the month!
    Current Rides:
    2011 Buick Regal Turbo 6spd
    2003 GMC Yukon XL SLE
    1963 Mercury Meteor

Past Rides:
    2001 Olds Alero GX 5spd
    2000 GMC Yukon SLE
    1990 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible
    1976 Olds Cutlass Supreme

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarg View Post
    I wish they would give me a $1000 bonus on my card... Then again, my Regal wont be ready by the end of the month!
    Surprised me actually.

I've never been given any bonus or top off any time I've had a GM Earning balance over $2000.

Well, congratulations on the coming Regal. Which one? GS?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Surprised me actually.

I've never been given any bonus or top off any time I've had a GM Earning balance over $2000.

Well, congratulations on the coming Regal. Which one? GS?
    I did get a flyer from GM Card, but the $1000 is a loyalty reward - but that is for any GM purchaser... not specifically ties to useing the card (like other top off bonuses are)

I am waiting in a Turbo Manually tranny Regal
    Current Rides:
    2011 Buick Regal Turbo 6spd
    2003 GMC Yukon XL SLE
    1963 Mercury Meteor

Past Rides:
    2001 Olds Alero GX 5spd
    2000 GMC Yukon SLE
    1990 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible
    1976 Olds Cutlass Supreme

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information