Is it true!?!? Is the Monte Carlo coming back? - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it true!?!? Is the Monte Carlo coming back?

Thanks

Re: Is it true!?!? Is the Monte Carlo coming back?

personal luxury 4-door coupe.
    Hate this phrase.....

Id rather see it come back as a convertible colonade station wagon......

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A 4 DOOR COUPE, a coupe has 2 doors.

How about a targa top sedan delivery fastback?

Though, there is room for a Monte Carlo, or MC like car in the Chevrolet line up, I hope that Chevy is not dumb enough to think that the entire coupe market will be served by the Camaro, thats like having a bathing suit store that only sells speedos, yeah it might work for some people, but not for everyone.

I like the Camaro, but its really a 2+2, the rear seat would be a pain for anything other than a quick trip, but thats how ponycars have always been. Chevrolet should have, at least, a Cruze coupe to replace the popular Cobalt coupe, and battle agains the Civic coupe and others, and a either a Malibu coupe or a Monte Carlo based of the Ep 2 platform with a base 4 and an optional V6, there is a market out there for a $20-30K 5 seat FWD coupe.

I also think that Chevy should at least think about a semi sporty 3 door hatch based on the Cruze as a Scion TC fighter, a Camaro for the freshmen if you will.

Honestly, it might be time for the Monte Carlo nameplate to stay dead, I dont really see re-launching the nameplate, especially now, with limited marketing dollars and a crowded market,I think the better idea would be an extension of the Malibu line to include a sportier bodies coupe, ala Altima and Accord,(I would also like to see the next gen Malibu have a Maxx version again).
    Last edited by MCGARRETT; 06-18-2010 at 01:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure... I mean Chevy doesn't seem to have sold many Montes since the 1980's...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

GM is not bringing back the Monte Carlo. The closest we'll see is a police version of the Caprice built on the underpinnings of the G8. The Camaro fills the Monte Carlo's role in the Chevy lineup.

If you want a new Chevy, I have it!
    If you want to get rid of your old car, I'll take it!
    I can give you $2,000 or more for any trade if you buy a used vehicle!
    NEW VEHICLES UNDER MSRP

Another dealer: "You're too much of a gearhead to sell cars."

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 OLDSCHOOLGMFAN's Avatar
    Thanks

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaart Aas Saabr View Post
    I'm not sure... I mean Chevy doesn't seem to have sold many Montes since the 1980's...

Oh really? Define "many". The reborn Montes from '95 where all over the place. Sales didn't really slowdown till mid last decade, when ALL coupe sales slowed.

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckley@Sunrise View Post
    GM is not bringing back the Monte Carlo. The closest we'll see is a police version of the Caprice built on the underpinnings of the G8.
    That's got nothing to do with a Monte.

The Camaro fills the Monte Carlo's role in the Chevy lineup.
    No it don't. Back seat's too small, and not everyone wants RWD or a super performance car.
    '07 MONTE CARLO SS, '09 AVALANCHE LTZ. [/B]

Present non-Chevy gm fleet: '05 Pontiac Bonneville gxp, '09 Buick Lucerne Super, '11 Caddy DTS platinum.

Big vehicles, big V8s, big V6s, auto transmissions, flamboyant styling, lots o' torque, lots of room, lots of comfort, lots of straight-line speed, yup, that's what I love, PURE AUTO AMERICANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information