Bluetooth For Chevrolet 2010 Equinox

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluetooth For Chevrolet 2010 Equinox

Thanks

Bluetooth For Chevrolet 2010 Equinox

I'm the only one in the world that doesn't have a Bluetooth capable cell phone, but I'm looking for one. I assume that any recent phone with Bluetooth will work with the Bluetooth that is in my 2010 Nox, but the www.gm.com/bluetooth site doesn't list any 2010 models. I should be safe with a 3 y/o phone right?
    Looking at the LG VX8300 - Verizon, which is listed as tested for the '09 Nox. Any recommendations for a cheap used phone? I don't need web access or to send pictures, just good sound, USB and easy pairing to my Nox.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: Bluetooth For Chevrolet 2010 Equinox

HA!!!!

Join my club.
    Im still using my Nokia 8390.

I have resisted upgrading my phone to one with camera(most have crappy pics anyway) or any other fancy feature that in turn will bring your cell phone bill to some outrageous monthly bill..
    I only need to make and receive calls- and txt. Nothing more.

But I ordered my 2010 Traverse in June- and I know its been built... It should arrive anytime within the next 2 weeks.... BUT I also ordered a package-- that includes Bluetooth....

So I too am curious about how many of you are doing this Bluetooth.
    The chevy website shows a handful of phones.... but im sure MOST bluetooth phones will work right? or do you have to stick with the ones listed on the chevy site?

By the way--- I will try to get a phone with bluetooth--- but as basic as possible.
    I dont need a fancy fancy phone...

Thanks

Yea, it seems they pretty much all work, according to the manager at my dealer. I picked up a 3y/o LG VX8300 for $25 bucks today, that the seller said he bought 2 months ago.

Paired it up with the Nox, no problem. Hands free without the BT headset is the way to go.

I read some reviews on this phone and it's simple, has a good sound, battery life and it's small. I guess this unit was selling in stores a few months ago and refurbs on ebay are mid $40's

I just put a wanted, "2-3 y/o Verizon cell phone w/ Bluetooth" ad on craigslist and added the name of my town and found a kid local. Kids today change phones with a greater frequency than they change their underwear, so there's tons of phones out there that are just slightly off he hip list.

I got a lot of responses, so that might be an option you'd consider.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

ill have to investigate how I update my old phone to a newer phone with AtnT--- WITHOUT upgrading the plan/signing a multiyear contract....
    I dont think my old phones SIM card will work on newer phones...

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Careful....not all versions of the 2010 Nox come with bluetooth. My LS does not, for example.

Walking
    Thanks

if anyone out there stlll needs a cheap bluetooth (2010 equinox) thats really works well, see the tracfone LG-420G, easy to install just follow the voice instructions and thats it. sound is very good, does everything its suppose to, best part its 19.99 see tracfone.com you get double minutes and free shipping

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

jesus....phone companies are practically giving away brand new hi tech phones......no reason not to have one that doesn't have advanced bluetooth.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

they give them away- but you have to sign up for x yrs and you end up with monthly payments that are expensive... I know alot of people that have upgraded to fancy phones- and end up with new 2 yr plans- and now paying at least $70 a month...
    I know my gf was paying up to $110 a month...
    I was thinking-- how many people do you talk to?????I then looked into her phone bill-- turns out she was getting alot of txt messages with video.... just stupid videos and pics that her cousins and friends were sensing her...-- these were driving up her phone bill....
    I went into her acct and turned off features and her phone bill dropped to $45....

But I did eventually upgrade that Nokia-- finally...
    I upgraded to a simple Samsung- Sgh-A737
    Friend of mine upgraded his phone- and gave me this one-- it only had about 30 hrs of use on it. It has Bluetooth-- thats all I needed.
    And to make and receive calls and txt. thats it.
    (ohhh I also need the phone to be small and slim- as I sometimes run in the mountains and need to carry the phone in my short pockets)....
    My cell phone bill is still $35. I was able to slide in the SIM card from the Nokia-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rbarrios View Post
    ill have to investigate how I update my old phone to a newer phone with AtnT--- WITHOUT upgrading the plan/signing a multiyear contract....
    I dont think my old phones SIM card will work on newer phones...
    New ATT phones all use the same SIM cards as far as I know. I'm not sure how iPhone does it though as the battery isn't easily user removable.

2001 BMW 325i

Walking
    Thanks

Chevrolet 2010 Equinox is easy to install just follow the voice instructions. Sound is good, It works well works well, you can see the trachoma LG-420G.
    Regards
    data recovery

Walking
    Thanks

I just got my 2010 Equinox a few weeks ago and had no problems setting up bluetooth with my cell. I can make outgoing calls easily without any issues. However, I can't receive incoming calls... nothing happens - no interruption of the audio, no ring tones - just "missed call" message on my phone. Not sure what's causing it or how to fix it. Any ideas?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amabella View Post
    I just got my 2010 Equinox a few weeks ago and had no problems setting up bluetooth with my cell. I can make outgoing calls easily without any issues. However, I can't receive incoming calls... nothing happens - no interruption of the audio, no ring tones - just "missed call" message on my phone. Not sure what's causing it or how to fix it. Any ideas?
    Look in your phone's settings, it may be the bluetooth isn't setup for this sort of thing (answering).

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amabella View Post

I'm having the same issue. Had a Motorola RAZR everything worked fine (incomming and outgoing calls) Changed my cell phone to a Samsung Entro and now i can make calls fine with bluetooth but no incomming calls come through the Nox's bluetooth. I can hear the phone ring but it doesn't connect to the vehicle's bluetooth.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information