2010 Equinox setting time - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Equinox setting time

Walking
    Thanks

Re: 2010 Equinox setting time

I'm having the same issue with my 2010 Equinox with navigation system not saving the correct time. When I turn off my car, the time
    setting always springs forward by exactly 7 hours. Is there anything that I can do to save the correct time?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevy Equinox LTZ

I'd like to revisit this topic again. Time on my clock is currently 6 hours ahead (some days it's only one hour ahead, but still annoying to have to calculate the time.)

- the whole system worked fine for the first year or so, then started acting up
    - the time appears to be set to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and won't hold if it's changed
    - the nav won't hold previous destinations and constantly resets location to Washington DC
    - the radio can't "remember" whether I was listening to the radio or a CD

I spoke with a computer programmer friend of mine, who might be onto something. He thinks all of this may be related to a battery somewhere deep in the system (sort of like the CMOS battery in a PC). Now to find someone either with Gracenote or whoever made the hardware to confirm or troubleshoot.

Walking
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Equinox LTZ Black Granite

This seems to be a well documented problem/issue with GM's clock & navigation. I can't believe there hasn't been some kind of recall! I too have been having the same problem going on since I bought my 2010 Equinox LTZ new. I have brought it to the dealership 3x. They do the exact same thing I do to reset the clock & say it's fixed. I leave & when I start my car the next time it goes back an hour. I've gotten to point of dealing with it until DST. So, here we are again going back to the dealership next week for them to try an "update". I thought I would see if anyone else had this going on, because the dealership acted as though I have been the only one. I felt like they didn't believe me that it has been a recurring problem. They said someone didn't document in their system very well from my last attempts to get this resolved. I also have to change my navigation from Washington to Illinois every time & it has only saved previous destinations from the time I purchased the car to the first DST. Has there been any resolution for this?
    Last edited by ssullivan22; 01-01-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typos

Walking
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevy Equinox LTZ

Thumbs up Re: 2010 Equinox setting time

I finally got a resolution... at least I hope so! I took mine to Ourisman Rockmont Chevrolet (love these guys!) a couple of weeks ago, and explained the situation again with all the details. My service manager recommended a warranty replacement on the whole unit. It took 2 trips, 1 day each (one for diagnosis, and one after the parts came in) but so far, so good... the time is correct, it keeps Maryland as my state, and all of my previous destinations are still there! Crossing my fingers! Some items to note:
    • The techs were able to transfer my stored phone numbers as well as the two cell phones I had registered to Bluetooth.
    • I did have to reset all my other settings, though (Config button) so you might want to write down your settings before you take it in.
    • If you have XM Radio active, you'll most likely need to call them to get it reactivated on the new unit.
    1. Make sure you call from your cell phone with the car running but don't use the Bluetooth - it'll interfere with them sending the refresh signal.
    2. Keep in mind that since the radio itself is replaced, your Radio ID will change. Since your Radio ID is what they identify your account with, it may confuse the support person - I had to speak to a supervisor to get it resolved.
    3. If you also have Nav Weather and Nav Traffic you'll need to tell them this while you're on the phone; otherwise, you'll have to call a second time.

Anyone who also has a 2010 should get this done as soon as possible so it's still under warranty!

Walking
    Thanks

By now you have the answer to setting the correct on your Chevrolet Equinox but I JUST learned from the dealer that it has to do with updating the navigation. Clever they make you pay or it won"t work!

Walking
    Thanks

We are having all of the same issues (as above) on our 2010 Equinox - time of day off, nav doesn't retain addresses, etc. Has a solution been found for this?

Walking
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevy Equinox LTZ

Gail, take a look at my post 2 up... to my knowledge the only solution is complete replacement of the radio/nav. If you're still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty - get it done quickly!

Thanks

My dad had this problem with his 2010 SRX. After trying several different fixes, the dealer replaced the radio and that did the trick. My dad knows someone else who also had this problem with her SRX. She's since gotten rid of it and gone back to a Lexus RX.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I do apologize for this issue and I understand how it can be very frustrating. If there is still a concern please private message me your name, address, vehicle identification number (VIN), and current mileage. This will allow me to do further research on your exact vehicle. I really appreciate your time and patience.

Kindly,

Jessica L.
    Chevrolet Customer Care
    Last edited by GM Customer Service; 07-15-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Follow us @GMCustomerSvc on Twitter.

Walking
    Thanks

Hi Jessica,
    My 2011 Equinox LTZ's clock is 8 hours off. I took it in to the dealer 3 months ago for the clock issue and the fact that the Nav defaults to Washington DC. They were able to fix the clock but couldn't fix the nav default. Then about 3 weeks ago, the clock went bad again. At first, sometimes after fixing it it would work for a day or so but now I can't fix it at all and the dealer wasn't able to fix it. If this is an inherent problem, shouldn't we be notified? Although my Equinox is a 2011, I have over 50K miles on it but I don't see how the mileage has anything to do with a computer malfunction.

I don't know how to do a private message. I found this forum when I was looking for solutions to this problem. Perhaps if you private message me I can reply.

Walking
    Thanks

I have the same problem. The clock is 5 hours ahead. The dealer tried to re-program the system but it did not fix the clock.

Is there a solution other than a new radio? How do I know the new radio won't develop the same problem? Surely there has to be a way to set the time zone.

Walking
    Thanks

Has anyone here found a fix for the clock issue? That is, other than replacing the whole unit?

I too have an `10 Equinox with a clock that is either one or six hours off.

Walking
    Thanks

I am having this same problem, but was told by customer service that there was no manufacturer fix for this memory problem because it was not a known issue. So I just came across this thread that shows it is an identified problem. I'd like to know what will be done to fix my nav/radio system now? The dealer told me my only option is to replace the whole unit.

Walking
    Thanks

We hit the same issue at DST this year. Wife just took it to dealer who said "We can apply two patches for $250 and there is NO GUARANTEE it will work. This is unacceptable on the part of Chevy. Planting a time bomb like this to make service money will chase away your customers....including me.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information