2010 equinox adding fog lights

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 equinox adding fog lights

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

2010 equinox adding fog lights

Hello, new here, ordered a new equinox, should be here in a couple weeks, wondering if any one has had any sucess adding factory fog lights, I ordered a lt1 and really want the lights versus the giant black fillers, found a sight that has them, thought about ordering one, making sure they fit. Only $35 I really dont care if they work or not, brobably will wire in at some point.

http://www.partswebsite.com/gm-car-p...magecallout=21

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Re: 2010 equinox adding fog lights

have the dealer install them for you, tell them you will not buy it without them

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

A GM dealer will install it and since it is a GM part, can add it as a part of your warranty. But you will need to ask.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC markm75's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Equinox/2010

Quote Originally Posted by fp115 View Post
    A GM dealer will install it and since it is a GM part, can add it as a part of your warranty. But you will need to ask.
    My dealer said they would be $700, but could be installed.

Thanks

I'm considering buying a 1LT and am curious about adding fogs as well. In the interior, where is the factory switch for turning the fogs on/off? Is it on a steering column stick or does it have its own switch on the dash somewhere?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Current
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Previous
    1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 coupe
    1991 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 hatch

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    I'm considering buying a 1LT and am curious about adding fogs as well. In the interior, where is the factory switch for turning the fogs on/off? Is it on a steering column stick or does it have its own switch on the dash somewhere?

Thanks,
    Robert
    In my 2LT, the fog light switch is a rotating band integral with the turn signal stalk.

Walking
    Thanks

dont go to the dealer to install stuff for you, warranty is good but not worth it.

i just got my father a set of foglights for his 2010 equinox from blinglights.org

they work real nice and i got them for real cheap. im not sure if they still have this but i used the code BL15 and got 15% off. and i also bought a set of fog lights for my 07 dodge charger and because i spent over $100, i got $20 off. i mean, they arent factory fog lights, but they look nice, perform well(if not better) and i got them at a fraction of the cost... cant go wrong with that.

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
    Hello, new here, ordered a new equinox, should be here in a couple weeks, wondering if any one has had any sucess adding factory fog lights, I ordered a lt1 and really want the lights versus the giant black fillers, found a sight that has them, thought about ordering one, making sure they fit. Only $35 I really dont care if they work or not, brobably will wire in at some point.

http://www.partswebsite.com/gm-car-p...magecallout=21
    rnt those just the bezels that go around the fog lights...? no fog light sells for $35 each, unless theyre made out of plastic from china lol

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC markm75's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Equinox/2010

Quote Originally Posted by ak88 View Post
    dont go to the dealer to install stuff for you, warranty is good but not worth it.

i just got my father a set of foglights for his 2010 equinox from blinglights.org

they work real nice and i got them for real cheap. im not sure if they still have this but i used the code BL15 and got 15% off. and i also bought a set of fog lights for my 07 dodge charger and because i spent over $100, i got $20 off. i mean, they arent factory fog lights, but they look nice, perform well(if not better) and i got them at a fraction of the cost... cant go wrong with that.

You are referring to these right?:

AD id 3181688 $99

Have you installed them.. did you do the install yourself.. I suppose i could have a detailer shop do the install...

Thanks for that link
    2010 Equinox 1LT 4cyl AWD
    Personal Review:http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...otos-etc-87116
    Tech, the Universe, and Everything: http://tech-stew.com

Walking
    Thanks

The same kit is $89.77 or best offer plus free shipping at ad id 3174866. I too would like to know how easy it is to install the kit. My low beams are crappy and the extra lighting would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by markm75 View Post

AD id 3181688 $99

Have you installed them.. did you do the install yourself.. I suppose i could have a detailer shop do the install...

Thanks for that link

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

I did get mine installed, have not wired yet, I did order the bezels through gm, and then ordered OEM replacement lights, they fit numberous vehicles, most common, a 2008 Malibu. they snapped rate into the moulded housing that is part of the bumper cover, behind the black covers.

before going this route, I did order the bling light kit, same as above, and they are nothing like the factory, and you still need the chrome bezels, there was no way of mounting without drilling or doing something along that lines, called the company and they wanted me to glue pvc fitting onto the vehicle to house the lights, thank god they took them back. The OEM replacements I got of ebay for $95 and they are a projection style exactly like the factory, the others were just a blue shaded reflector housing.

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
    I did get mine installed, have not wired yet, I did order the bezels through gm, and then ordered OEM replacement lights, they fit numberous vehicles, most common, a 2008 Malibu. they snapped rate into the moulded housing that is part of the bumper cover, behind the black covers.

before going this route, I did order the bling light kit, same as above, and they are nothing like the factory, and you still need the chrome bezels, there was no way of mounting without drilling or doing something along that lines, called the company and they wanted me to glue pvc fitting onto the vehicle to house the lights, thank god they took them back. The OEM replacements I got of ebay for $95 and they are a projection style exactly like the factory, the others were just a blue shaded reflector housing.
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't want lights that look cobbled on. I guess I'll have to follow your example and get the GM bezels and replacement lights. When you finish the wiring, could you let us know how difficult it is and where you located the switch.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Walking
    Thanks

I too am interested in adding fog lights to my 2010 Equinox LS and am curious on how others have wired them in.
    I'd also like to add roof rails if at all possible. I think the LS looks a bit out of proportion without the roof rack rails and don't undertand by Chevy decided to leave them off the 2010 LS. They are on all the 2009 and earlier LSs I've seen.

Marc

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markm75 View Post

AD id 3181688 $99

Thanks for that link

I'm talking about ad id 3174866 i made a best offer for $80 with free shipping and they accepted. the only problem with these is that the chrome bezel isnt included, but i bought the bezels separately online for like $35 each and they look nice. I like the blue tint it has, it goes nicely with the silver color that my father has. also it seems to be a lot brighter than the stock 35w kit.

i have other products from them, i installed their LED Strips onto my headlights on my Mazda6. made the headlamps look like the audi day time running lights lol

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information