GM Inside News Forum banner

2016 Civic Concept debut and Type R announced

4K views 43 replies 32 participants last post by  AndreaCristiano 
#1 ·
Pics via CivicX.com

-10th-generation, 2016 model year Civic focuses on sporty, fun-to-drive dynamics
-Civic lineup to include Sedan, Coupe, and 5-door Hatchback body types, as well as Si and Type-R versions
-First Honda model to apply new VTEC® Turbo engines in North America
-Civic, America's most popular small car is designed, developed and produced in North America

Today Honda unveiled its ultra-sporty Civic Concept at the New York International Auto Show as the brand prepares to launch its completely reimagined 10th-Generation Civic models beginning this fall. With a sharper focus on spirited performance and class-leading versatility, the new Civic lineup will include Civic Sedan, Coupe and Si models along with the return of the Civic hatchback, followed by the launch of a new Civic Type-R as the performance flagship of the Civic lineup. The new Civic also will be the first U.S. model to apply new VTEC® Turbo engines from the company's Earth Dreams Technology™ powertrain series.

Source gallery: http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-honda-civic-concept-debut-type-r-to-join-us-model-lineup.1/

See less See more
#6 ·
It is awesome to hear that a 5 door hatchback is coming back to the market. The Type-R will surely generate some excitement in the sport compact segment which has faded away in recent years.

The Civic has been the best selling car in Canada for a long time now and a new hatchback will really help drive sales upwards for the brand here.

#21 ·
Personally I like the current Civic coupe. It's not overly flashy, but has a refined, sporty look with a distinctive profile.

This concept looks like it's intended for high school kids. Maybe that's the point. Very derivative design that breaks no new ground and seems a step backward.

#25 ·

I don't wanna read any more complaints about the grille on the new Malibu!

#31 ·
I can actually say that is the first Honda Civic I've ever thought attractive enough to purchase if FWD coupes were my thing. I love the color to boot. With that said I'm sure it will be underpowered even in Type-R configuration and I'm sure it will never look like that either as we will get a watered down milquetoast version. It will get softened up and put in boring silver or gray and blend in with the rest of the boring-mobiles on the road.

#37 ·
Agree and GM already has "copied it" with the Astra Lineup but GM's pricing policy will not allow them to sell the excellent Astra GTC and 5-Door OPC/VRX as Buick models.

Buick must offer vehicles will be considered by younger buyers that are legitimate competitors in new segments for the brand.

Chevy can worry about the Corolla and improve the Cruze which leaves Buick to concentrate on the Mazda 3 and Civic where Buick has a ready made Astra lineup to tap into.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.