GM Inside News Forum banner

2015 Chevy Silverado goes more high-end with new Rally 2 package.

11K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  NoStopN 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#3 ·
It's nothing more then a high priced appearance package, and a ugly one at that! They clearly do not listen to the customer as anyone I have seen lowering their trucks into street customs like body colored additions and what does GM do, use cheap ugly black plastic.

Swing and a miss as usual for GM, I know for a certain fact I myself with 0 experience in the automotive world could do better a better job with GM's truck division then who ever is currently in charge of it!

#5 ·
This package is ridiculous. Nothing flows together. Body colored grill + chrome headlight bezels = fail. Black wheels + chrome bumpers = fail. Needs smoke color headlights. If GM is trying to go after Fords FX2/FX4/STX or RAMs Sport/Stealth packages, then they have just failed miserably. I bought a 2011 Silverado with the Z71 apprearance package in black. The intire truck looked great except that they left a stupid a$$ chrome bumper on the rear. First mod I did was taking off hte bumper and had it painted. Come GM, get your ***** together!!!

#7 ·
This is exactly what GM needed to add to spice up its full size trucks. It looks great in my eyes. Better than the FX4 appearence package. The regular Silverado LT is too boring and there would be no hesitation from me before adding this package to a crew cab Silverado. Now GM just needs a raptor fighter. Suprised with all the hate for the truck. GM puts in a valid effort to spice up the appearence of their rather boring looking Silverado, and all you folks do is complain. Between this and the All-Terrain package on the GMC, id say GM has some of the most competitive trucks on the market.

#19 · (Edited)
"The configuration also includes a trailering package with a hitch and automatic locking rear differential, 10-way power driver seat, dual-zone climate control, remote start, backup camera and rear defroster. Also present will be OnStar 4G LTE wifi." The AN link doesn't work for me anymore but it sounds like it's basically a LT with the 22" wheel and Convenience Package options.

:think:

#29 ·
Yeah, that needs to be fixed, either add chrome in the grille or take it out of the lights, it doesn't blend/go well the way it is now at all.

I'm actually "OK" with it, other that it being severely over-priced, and IMHO, 20" rims are big enough, and looking at the way GM prices their wheels, it would actually be about $1,500 cheaper with 20" instead of 22", which would bring it down to about $4,500 almost an outright "bargain"........

An even better question is why no 6.2 option?
Because then it would be an $8,000 package? .............. "a bridge too far"

#27 ·
I am glad that they're finally adding some appearance packages but they gotta delete that crome around the headlights.

I don't understand why they haven't done that. The truck would look instantly better, much better.

#32 ·
I wish I could've unlocked my phone fast enough to get a picture today. Driving by an area Chevy store and they have a new Silverado sitting out front. Black paint, tinted windows, black wheels, black grill and bright chrome headlight bezels?!?! Doesn't make a bit of sense.

#37 ·
As promised:

At least the Sierra Carbon 22 at the local dealer looks better, IMO:

The wheels look better on the Sierra & the color matched grille looks much better. Now, about that bumper. :think:

So in white it only looks half as bad, but now the black wheels look awful. (chrome or two-tone rims please)

The bumper sure sticks out on the Sierra, but not as much as the headlights, which look totally out of place.

Anyone can do better with half the money and a JC Whitney catalog.

#39 ·
I've always been a fan of the Ram Sport, and though I'm not a Ford guy, those F-150's look pretty sharp.

The Silverado? :barf: Reminds me of when I was 16 and broke, gradually buying parts to convert my 87 S10 from a blacked out Sport, to adding chrome bezels and such one piece at a time as I could afford it. And would it be too much to throw some color keyed mirrors/door handles on? Doesn't seem to be a problem for Ford or Ram.

#41 · (Edited)
Gm needs to do a focus group and not a bunch of wealthy yes men but real car and truck guys.
color match or "blackout" please, chrome is out for gods sake and only acceptable for bumpers. giving the ltz chrome handles and mirror caps is lame really at least they could do is let us choose but then I guess that's the high country, but at 50 grand plus for an ltx there should be some selective choice not another 10.000 upgrade to get what you want..you realize the ltz 4x4 is ten grand more than the regular 4x4 then add another 7 grand to make it have everything...its really outa hand when they hand us a decal package for another 1500 to make it unique ?
GM has got to listen I'm really not sure I will buy another after this one..to me its like why give all this loyalty when they don't listen and don't let you build the truck how you want it..all over a failed marketing strategy.
the other guys seem to listen, GM asks but then does Camaro rally stripes on a truck ? when what we really want is to have a choice not a package that forces you to have this if you want that.

#42 ·
I don't think chrome is "out". The other truck compared to a Ram Sport that I'm considering is a Big Horn, which has tasteful chrome including the door handles and mirror caps. I used to think I wanted the color keyed look, but the more I look I like the classic chrome look.

And to two posts above... there are no stickers on any Ram I've ever seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.