Why The 2015 Ford F-150 Concept Is More Important Than The Corvette [Jalopnik] - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why The 2015 Ford F-150 Concept Is More Important Than The Corvette [Jalopnik]

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 KingElvis's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10 DODGE RAM ST RC HEMI 4.10

Re: Why The 2015 Ford F-150 Concept Is More Important Than The Corvette [Jalopnik]

Quote Originally Posted by Pisswilly View Post
    That's Ford's latest gimmick, introduce something new just to steal GM's thunder. They did it with the 650 h.p. Mustang when the ZL1 came out and when GM announced the debut of the new trucks, Ford announced the the newF-150 concept. I hope this bites them in the arse like the ZL1 stomping all over the outdated Mustang.
    Ford is free to try to rain on GM's parade - the problem is that if you have half-baked attempts at 'raining' - like a concept truck that's just got a nifty grille and plastic on the roof - it comes off as precisely that: half hearted and half baked reaction.
    Check out my automotive blog http://elvisceralappeal.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    CTA trains and buses

Re: Why The 2015 Ford F-150 Concept Is More Important Than The Corvette [Jalopnik]

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Is This Even News?
    Given that it came from Jalopnik, probably not.
    My modes of transportation: CTA 'L' & buses, Metra, Pace bus, rental cars (usually GM), taxicabs, bicycling, and walking.
    Member of the "I will never purchase a new car" club.
    Get the facts about ethanol and biofuels in the USA!

DGA
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Ford did a great job making a bigger splash with their concept than GM did with their - just redesigned from nearly the ground up - bread and butter twins. GM would not bring the twins to the Texas fair, no fanfare at NAIAS, and they are awfully tight lipped about the specs of the truck (except the rear bumper step, they are all over that one). I really wonder why that is? So who's fault is that really? Fords?

Thanks

I know it's a concept, but it seems more enthusiastic to me than the new GM trucks. Surely many a truck buyer isn't looking for something this aggressive looking, but the Ford manages to look like a Ford and look more fresh imo. And why didn't GM snag the Atlas name when it was applied to the I4-5-6 program?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by KingElvis View Post
    Ford is free to try to rain on GM's parade - the problem is that if you have half-baked attempts at 'raining' - like a concept truck that's just got a nifty grille and plastic on the roof - it comes off as precisely that: half hearted and half baked reaction.
    I know you truly believe what you say... but if you actually leave the box and look around, you'll find a lot of people and auto journalists slamming the GM Twins at the hand of the FORD Atlas (F-150) Concept.

You had better hope this rain on GM's parade doesn't turn into a flood.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...atlas_concept/

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...155752921.html

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...0,651806.story
    Last edited by Elvisuperman; 01-17-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    CHEVROLET SILVERADO

DGA
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

It really makes you wonder why the General is soooo tight lipped about these trucks. Imagine if they got the reveal and the dissection that the Corvette has had so far? Maybe GM figures if they can keep on being #2 truck manufacturer with something that is 6-7 years old, *****, why bother with reaching for the fruit higher up on the tree when the low hanging ones are mighty fine too. I'll bet ya the specs are going to be mediocre at best, better than the current ones yes, but mediocre for the industry.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Bvonscott's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC and Buick

This is very typical of the media. Changing their view every other day. One week they love the new GM trucks, the next they love the ford and slam the GM.. and on and on.
    You will never see me buy that horrible looking concept though. It takes girly and guady to a whole new level.
    Member of the: Real Truck Guys Club.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 4Matic

Is This Even News?
    Sure is if you think headlights and a another new grille are what really matters in a truck.
    I got tired of waiting for GM to make a FWD convertible.

2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Sport Spyder
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 4Matic

DGA
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I don't think there was any slamming. They were pointing out that Ford has released the same ammount of information on the next F-150, than GM has on their production level trucks. Ford took the time to grab peoples attention with the unvail too. What did GM do? I don't think this is the reflection of anything but that Ford is simply proud to show off what they want to sell. Where you at GM?

Ford understands something and it's clearly reflected in this statement:

“We know there’s lots of people that would like to take that leadership away from us,” Fields said. “So here we’re trying to show a leader continuing to lead.”

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

I only posted it because the Atlas and Corvette are such hot topics here lately.

I think that GM and Ford just enjoy having their pissing contest which yields nothing but back in forth in media. This article has no less substance than many recent articles about new cars. It is what the media does.
    www.basilonestopshop.com
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Channel: C00120B93
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Customer Service Chat Available

Thanks

Annnd straight out of the "No S@*T Files"........

Thanks

LOL. I barely even noticed the F150 Atlas concept. Between the Corvette Stingray and Cadillac ELR that obvious concept was just a blip to me.

Anyways I think GM has more to show with the trucks. Lots of info coming soon.
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com
    I find it sad that some people wish for GM to fail and can't comprehend any good news. A plausible explanation for this kind of behavior is that you have a miserable life so you wish the same to others. Cory Pham, Autoblog Poster

GM must return its divisions to being interdependent entities within the corporation. Decentralize and free the different divisions talents to foster brand differentiation and customer loyalty.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Chevrolet Impala LT
    If they were gonna give it a title like that wouldn't a more appropriate title be, "Why the 2014 Silverado is more important than the Corvette."

But anyways its just a concept I don't know why so many people are jumping to conclusions about this truck. Auto enthusiasts especially are so quick to jump to conclusions about a car/truck they have little information about.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Ford's idiocy is mired in spending so much time looking at GM when they should in fact be looking at Toyota or VW/ Audi. It seems that most of what they do is aimed at usurping GM, and the truth is they both spend far too much time looking inward, and at each other.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Ford's idiocy is mired in spending so much time looking at GM when they should in fact be looking at Toyota or VW/ Audi. It seems that most of what they do is aimed at usurping GM, and the truth is they both spend far too much time looking inward, and at each other.
    When it comes to trucks, GM and Ford are the big dogs. Of course, they need to pay attention to Ram, too.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information