Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

  1. #1
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,543
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 72 Times in 42 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

    Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’
    by Andrei Nedelea
    9th November 2012

    Recent information suggests that Tesla is planning on making a new Roadster, which will arrive on the market probably in 2017. Not many details about it are known, yet autoexpress.co.uk say that it will most likely be called the Model R. They are currently buying back Roadsters, as credit for a new Model S.

    MORE AT: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ne...l-r-51636.html
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    345
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    I miss real names.

  4. #3
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    636
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    I miss real names.
    I agree,

    I'm glad to see the Model S get MT car of the year, at least it was an American car this year

  5. #4
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,820
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 162 Times in 107 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    I miss real names.
    Once you buy it, you get to name it anything you want.

    Ralph...Rawanda...Rathole...Really Expensive Roadster...

    You can even call it Charlie. It's all up to you.
    '09 G8 GT
    a 4 door Camaro,
    or a 4 door GTO

  6. #5
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Rocket 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,688
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 198 Times in 94 Posts
    My Ride
    2010 Charger AWD & 2003 Dakota

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by georgewerr View Post
    I'm glad to see the Model S get MT car of the year, at least it was an American car this year

    I feel a bit like a hypocrate. I'm offended a $ 60,000 electric car won car of the year.... but I didn't really object when the $ 40,000 Volt won it in 2011. Does it matter I can find a dozen Chevy dealers and not one Tesla dealer? Does it matter I could possible lease a volt but would never drop 60 large on a car... that could leave me stranded? Does it matter that no one in the history or earth will use a Tesla as their only vehicle while Volts are pretty normal sedans? Can you call a rich person's play thing car of the year? Is this rant totally too long? yes.... That said the Tesla certainly is impressive in a lot of ways. Just saying.
    *

  7. #6
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,151
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 93 Times in 75 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDan View Post
    Once you buy it, you get to name it anything you want.

    Ralph...Rawanda...Rathole...Really Expensive Roadster...

    You can even call it Charlie. It's all up to you.
    HAHAHAHA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket 88 View Post
    I feel a bit like a hypocrate. I'm offended a $ 60,000 electric car won car of the year.... but I didn't really object when the $ 40,000 Volt won it in 2011. Does it matter I can find a dozen Chevy dealers and not one Tesla dealer? Does it matter I could possible lease a volt but would never drop 60 large on a car... that could leave me stranded? Does it matter that no one in the history or earth will use a Tesla as their only vehicle while Volts are pretty normal sedans? Can you call a rich person's play thing car of the year? Is this rant totally too long? yes.... That said the Tesla certainly is impressive in a lot of ways. Just saying.
    I agree with you in some sense but really go buy a Tesla.... Oh wait.... you can't. That is the problem I have with it being car of the year. I don't think they will survive long term.

  8. #7
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 All Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,001
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 302 Times in 163 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket 88 View Post
    I feel a bit like a hypocrate. I'm offended a $ 60,000 electric car won car of the year.... but I didn't really object when the $ 40,000 Volt won it in 2011.
    The Model S is an amazing piece of technology, in my opinion it even puts the Volt to shame.

    Getting that type of performance, luxury, spaciousness and range for $50k after rebate is a bargain.

  9. #8
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC hydrogen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by All Star View Post
    The Model S is an amazing piece of technology, in my opinion it even puts the Volt to shame.

    Getting that type of performance, luxury, spaciousness and range for $50k after rebate is a bargain.
    Absolutely asinine statement. This company is a horrible representation of Nikola Telsa's innovative mind and ingenuity. I find it outrageous and disrespectful that Telsa named the Model S like it's a successor to Henry Ford's Model T. Musk will never be compared on the same level as Ford. It's hard for me to hate an American company, however Telsa's business model and everything else about the company doesn't seem viable.

    Tesla will declare bankruptcy in their already bankrupt state as the German brands laugh that is pathetic attempt of "American Ingenuity".
    Last edited by hydrogen; 11-13-2012 at 03:52 PM.

  10. #9
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    14,995
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My Ride
    FORD

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by All Star View Post
    The Model S is an amazing piece of technology, in my opinion it even puts the Volt to shame.

    Getting that type of performance, luxury, spaciousness and range for $50k after rebate is a bargain.
    Except for the glaring fact that you simply do not get any of the above for $50k notwithstanding space. 6.5 seconds 0-60, and a 140 mile range surprisingly are not widely mentioned in regards to models below the 60 kw/h, and Performance models it seems.

  11. #10
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 ByTheLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    3,872
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    I miss real names.
    I agree, like the Model T for example, or even the Model A. Those were the days.

  12. #11
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 All Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,001
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 302 Times in 163 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Except for the glaring fact that you simply do not get any of the above for $50k notwithstanding space. 6.5 seconds 0-60, and a 140 mile range surprisingly are not widely mentioned in regards to models below the 60 kw/h, and Performance models it seems.
    Huh? It matches a 528i well enough in my eyes...and doesn't even use gas.

  13. #12
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,151
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 93 Times in 75 Posts

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by All Star View Post
    Huh? It matches a 528i well enough in my eyes...and doesn't even use gas.
    It matches it ok except you can't actually buy a Tesla, and I can drive the BMW over 400 miles without stopping.

  14. #13
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Rocket 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,688
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 198 Times in 94 Posts
    My Ride
    2010 Charger AWD & 2003 Dakota

    Re: Next Tesla Roadster to Be Called ‘Model R’

    Quote Originally Posted by All Star View Post
    The Model S is an amazing piece of technology, in my opinion it even puts the Volt to shame.
    Why does it put the Volt to shame? Because it can't recharge itself? I'm not arguing, it's a genuine question. The Tesla seems like a fantastically well built and better performing, more luxurious electric car with all the glaring shortcommings of all electric cars.
    *

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2