GM Inside News Forum banner

NAIAS: Ford GT

19K views 153 replies 83 participants last post by  JBsZ06 
#1 · (Edited)
#39 ·
I don't much like anything Ford is making these days. Fusion, Mustang, new F-150...They're interior and exterior are crap and the Ecoboost is no where near what some people think it is.

This however, is gorgeous. I never really liked the previous GT, it looked dated the day it came out. This thing is the perfect mix of retro, modern and exotic. Z06 is a performer, but it's half the car this thing is, at probably half the price. GM really needs a mid engine Vette now.

#40 ·
Note the reference to class leading power to weight. They've revealed over 600 HP. Carbon tub and aluminum subframes point to low weight. Imagine a McLaren P1 or La Ferrari without the hybrid hardware. If this car approaches 3000 lbs in street trim with 600 HP and a very broad torque curve, it will be very quick.

LeMans is an interesting venue, not only for the historical angle. Endurance racing rewards efficiency. It's why diesels and hybrids have succeeded at LeMans. If the Ecoboost does well there against these kinds of competing technology: that will be a great brand builder for Ford's approach.

#45 ·
Well im impressed with this iteration of the Ford GT. Not so sure about the TTV6 but I'll give Ford th benefit of doubt here.

#47 ·
THIS is BADA$$!

There is beauty in the extreme aero effects towards the rear.

Forward-looking, with a few tasteful retro touches. I even see the DeTomaso Pantera (powered by a Ford V8) in the rear 3/4 view.

Much better than J. Mays' carbon copy a decade ago.

Between this and the Buick Cascada, I almost want to get a plane ticket to Detroit...

#50 ·
Damn, looks wise the GT is amazing. Definitely has supercar looks and attitude! Love the rear end, very sick looking. But a V6? They could have 4 turbos on it, it's still a V6! When you think American supercar and HP you think V8, this is a huge let down for me. I don't think the Z06 has much to worry about here. Cool car if you don't mind that chick engine. It should impress your import loving friends I guess.

#52 ·
I got to see it about an hour before it was released so I've had time to pick up my jaw and change pants, but yeah, this is HOT!

It'll be very interesting to see the pricing and how the dealers will handle it as well. I wonder how long she'll be staying with us this go-round?

#53 ·
Ford hit a grand slam home run with this new ford GT....wow!

I mistakenly thought it would have an ecoboost 5.2 liter flat plane crank v8 with 800 hp....still the 600 hp ecoboost v6 is way cool as well.

I liked the last retro design ford gt but this one is even better. A whole new level of admiration for the entire ford brand....

Who ever gets these cars will have Ferrari 458 killers for sure.

#59 ·
Ford is on a roll and doing well. And these are the types of vehicles car companies can build when things are going well. I like what they have done with the styling. The last Ford GT was a nice nod to the original but this one reaches much further. The EcoBoost V6 is an odd engine for this halo car but Ford seems to have really embraced the Ecoboost line with Raptor too. I would bet it's performance will be enough for any potential buyers to care that it's a turbo V6.

#67 ·
Absolutely beautiful!!!

I was driving from Columbus to Mansfield around 8 years ago and saw a Ford GT going southbound. I didn't know what to do; started yelling and sticking waving my hand through the sunroof. It was the absolute baddess car I've ever seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.