GM Inside News Forum banner

Mercedes-Benz S Class Cabriolet Leaked

4K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  megeebee 
#1 ·
Mercedes S-Class Cabrio leaked.
World Car Fans
September 1, 2015
By: Michael Gauthier

The Mercedes S-Class Cabrio has leaked to the web, ahead of its official debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

See less See more
#13 ·
Cadillac NEEDS to build the Ciel.

If Cadillac wants to improve its brand image it needs to sell exotics. People expect them from Cadillac.

#14 ·
I, like sfbreh, have often criticized Benz' current interiors as too brothel-like. I especially don't favor the cross-hatch quilting.

But with the top down and in the bright light of day, it doesn't look as sleazy. Still overwrought a little, but not quite so STD drenched...

;)

#15 ·
Yeah. The coupe does the interior much better and cabs always make everything look better. Suddenly, the car is less the focus as much as the experience is.

When the environment interacts with a car as much as it does in a cabriolet, you look at a car from a much different perspective.

#24 ·
You'd think Mercedes would be able to make a convertible that doesn't leak...

...oh - not that sort of leak - gotcha ...

I know it is not cool to admit here, but I like the recent Mercedes styling. This one pretty much knocks it out of the arena. Not that I could ever afford one though, and even if I could, it's been so damn cold here that my wife has had her A3 for 3 months and the roof has been off once ...

#25 ·
Why does this look so good as a convertible?

Because they haven't given it an exaggeratedly huge as* in order to accommodate a hardtop folding roof that's covered with appallingly ugly panel joints and is misshaped to allow it to fold and stow.

That's why.

And besides, a canvas roof is very attractive.

#28 ·
Under the hood, two engines will be available. The entry-level S500 has a twin-turbo 4.7-liter V8 with 455 PS (335 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque, while the S63 AMG has a twin-turbo 5.5-liter V8 engine that develops 585 PS (430 kW) and 900 Nm (664 lb-ft) of torque. Thanks to the extra oomph, the latter model can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.9 seconds.

Hmm...i see Mercedes doesn't use their 4.0 v8 TT in S class (sedan, coupe and cabriolet).
Will be interesting to see if eventually M177/M178 will replace other v8 from Mercedes (a M278 and a M157)

#33 ·
OK I'm torn...

Blood Red exterior with that White interior or Metallic Black exterior with that Maroon Red interior?

And that right there is why the rich maintain more than one home...:D

;)
Allow me to complicate your life even further... silver with a maroon interior.

My go-to will always be black/red, but it's very common (when available). White on red is also a nice combo... as is basically every grayscale with red.

Black with a white interior has always been a favorite of mine, too.

Mercedes pulls out even further ahead from Cadillac. Sad.
In all fairness, Mercedes already does has a pretty big lineup and Cadillac could use a few more members in its family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.