GM Inside News Forum banner

Mercedes-AMG GT S: Ride Review

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mchicha 
#1 ·
Mercedes-AMG GT S: first ride review

Verdict

Our first impression of the GT S on the road has us salivating for the long-awaited drive: this agile, wieldly machine at last moves AMG into the heart of the true sports car sector. It certainly looks the part: small and aggressive, with beautiful retro touches. It sounds glorious, too – fear not about AMG’s new turbo era, in terms of noise and potency. The finish is also worthy of a six-figure tag. We can’t wait to get behind the wheel.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/amg-gt/89064/mercedes-amg-gt-s-first-ride-review#ixzz3GR3rqyTT

See less See more
#5 ·
I like the Mercedes AMG GTS.....although it's not my favorite in the class.

I'm sorry but the c7 z06 and even the jaguar f type coupe r are both more appealing and close in price (within 20 to 40 grand)

Can't wait to see the new Mercedes sports car in real life. I'm sure it's the best daily driver out of the three mentioned although I believe the AWD 911s is the best four season sports car...

So much so the rumor is the jaguar f type is rumored to get AWD as well..

The northeast portion of the sports car market or at the very least parts of America that get snow etc......really do lean towards AWD even In Sports cars

Porsches two little jump seats out back also gain favor with dads quite often...the kids never or rarely squeeze back there but it does make the sale that much easier...

I was hopeful that ford would have produced the new mustang concept car the Evos as it really did offer 4 seats and exotic car looks.

I keep wondering if Lincoln has the nuts to build the evos concept car off the latest mustang chassis along with a nice 3.5 ecoboost motor...

That's a car I'd consider buying...even if it's a Lincoln ...as long as it doesn't get that mustache grill on their cars these days..

The Mercedes AMG GT is a bit rich for my blood...I think the GT starts at around 120 and the GTS runs around 140 grand...

That's a lot of coin...

#7 ·
I like the Mercedes AMG GTS.....although it's not my favorite in the class.

I'm sorry but the c7 z06 and even the jaguar f type coupe r are both more appealing and close in price (within 20 to 40 grand)

Can't wait to see the new Mercedes sports car in real life. I'm sure it's the best daily driver out of the three mentioned although I believe the AWD 911s is the best four season sports car...

So much so the rumor is the jaguar f type is rumored to get AWD as well..

The northeast portion of the sports car market or at the very least parts of America that get snow etc......really do lean towards AWD even In Sports cars

Porsches two little jump seats out back also gain favor with dads quite often...the kids never or rarely squeeze back there but it does make the sale that much easier...

I was hopeful that ford would have produced the new mustang concept car the Evos as it really did offer 4 seats and exotic car looks.

I keep wondering if Lincoln has the nuts to build the evos concept car off the latest mustang chassis along with a nice 3.5 ecoboost motor...

That's a car I'd consider buying...even if it's a Lincoln ...as long as it doesn't get that mustache grill on their cars these days..

The Mercedes AMG GT is a bit rich for my blood...I think the GT starts at around 120 and the GTS runs around 140 grand...

That's a lot of coin...
2016 Z06 is a car most European manufacturers and magazines would rather not think about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.