GM Inside News Forum banner

Lincoln to provide free pickup, delivery for service vehicles

3K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  gkr778 
#1 ·
Lincoln to provide free pickup, delivery for service vehicles
June 28, 2016
Nick Bunkley
AutoNews.com

DETROIT -- Lincoln, in a bid to stand out among larger luxury brands, today said it will provide free pickup and delivery of service vehicles to new owners starting with 2017 models.

The company will pick up a customer’s car at any location, leave a Lincoln of equal or greater value to use as a loaner, and then return the owner’s car after work on it is finished.

Lincoln Service Valet will be part of the vehicle’s warranty coverage and available throughout the U.S.

“It’s the single most important item we’ve done in some time,” said Ed Witt, owner of Witt Lincoln in San Diego. “For customers today, one of the things that they value the most is their time. This is a process by which the Lincoln dealers and the Lincoln Motor Co. can eliminate people’s needs to come to the dealer for almost anything.”

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

See less See more
#2 ·
Good for them. Hopefully this helps increase interest in the brand and drive new customers to their doors.
A strong consumer response to the program would add to Lincoln’s momentum. New products have helped boost U.S. sales 15 percent through May, making it one of the fastest-growing automotive brands. Yet it remains in eighth place among luxury marques, behind European and Japanese rivals as well as General Motors’ Cadillac.
Some of their newer products are really competitive. I hope they garner more attention.

Reactions: jalberda
#6 ·
You missed the SERVICE part. And I am not talking about servicing vehicles.

Reactions: cad1cts
#8 ·
Be interesting to see how this program evolves if Lincoln grows as it will tie up several employees in simply picking up and dropping off cars. Though Ford is picking up the tab today, will they push the cost to the dealer at some point. Just thinking with my finance cap on. As a customer I'd love this, I love how easy it is to get a loaner from my dealer and I do think it is an important piece of my ownership experience. It was always a tooth pulling experience to get a loaner from my Pontiac dealers, and they were dirty, 20 year old vehicles if you managed to get one. Not a pleasurable experience and never endeared me to the dealership.

Kind of rambling..... In summary I think this is a great idea but question if it is sustainable due to the costs (that is if Lincoln grows substantially). And if taken away, how will your customer base react? Will they feel betrayed?

#11 ·
Be interesting to see how this program evolves if Lincoln grows as it will tie up several employees in simply picking up and dropping off cars. Though Ford is picking up the tab today, will they push the cost to the dealer at some point. Just thinking with my finance cap on...
...Kind of rambling..... In summary I think this is a great idea but question if it is sustainable due to the costs (that is if Lincoln grows substantially). And if taken away, how will your customer base react? Will they feel betrayed?
wonder if handing out Uber-coupons wouldn't be more cost effective?

or maybe through FordPass®?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.