GM Inside News Forum banner

LAAS: 2016 Mazda 6

4K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Amphibian 
#1 ·
Incremental Improvements for a Class-Competitive Model.
MotorTrend
By: Jason Udy
November 19, 2014

Since its debut in early 2013, the third-generation Mazda6 sedan has been one of Motor Trend's favorites in the midsize sedan segment. For its third model year, the 2016 Mazda6 gains mild exterior revisions as well as a revised interior with an improved infotainment system and better interior bits.

Up front, the 2016 Mazda6 sedan gets a bolder chrome grille surround with new available LED headlights bisected with more distinctive wings. Around back, new LED taillights and a low-profile shark fin antenna give the Mazda6 a more sophisticated look. The available 19-inch alloy wheels feature a darker color for more visual depth. Two new colors have been added to the paint palette: Sonic Silver Metallic and Titanium Flash Mica. Although the exterior revisions are subtle, the Mazda6 sedan gets greater updates inside. Interior colors include fabric in either black or sand beige or leather in black or black and white, depending on trim level.

Full article available at link.

See less See more
#11 ·
I'd trust Mazda reliability more than GM or their old parent, FoMoCo - my family's 3 (err, now 4) 6's over the years have only had one real problem that might have been reliability related, a fuel pump at 100k miles. That wasn't so bad. Performance as measured isn't great, but they are satisfying to drive.

#10 ·
Slow, unique stylying and not very family oriented, family cars with FWD don't cut it. That is why I guess they import everything now.

#13 ·
Even without the 2016 updates the 6 was a very fine vehicle. While the 2.5L is undoubtedly the volume option, how nice it would be for them to offer the turbo-4 from an upcoming Mazdaspeed 3, if we get one. It'd be exactly the type of engine that makes sense as an option, along with the diesel as the econo-option.

#16 ·
Beautiful interior. Love it. The 6 finally has an interior to go with the sexy body work. Now if they would just give it a larger engine option.

#18 ·
Right now, I personally don't see a reason to buy any other midsizer than to get this. Before the update, the interior was near the bottom of the list as far as how it looks, these changes put it close to the top.

Also, in recent years, I know quite a few people who have Mazdas, and no one that I know of has had any major reliability issues. If you want 250+ hp, then this isn't for you, but if you are one of the 75%+ people that buy midsizers with the 4 cylinder engine, this is worth a serious look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.