Ford reveals 2012 compensation for top six execs

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford reveals 2012 compensation for top six execs

News Contributor
    Thanks

Left Lane News
    March 15, 2013
    by Drew Johnson

Ford has released total 2012 compensation for its six top executives. The details were released in a filing with the SEC.

Ford's top man, CEO and president Alan Mulally, pocketed a whopping $20,995,806 in 2012. Mulally earned $2 million in base salary and another $3,950,000 in cash bonus in 2012. The balance of Mulally's 2012 take home pay was comprised of “long-term stock options and other performance-based equity awards.”

Ford's No. 2 earner was Bill Ford, the company's executive chairman. Like Mulally, Ford earned $2 million in salary in 2012, with the company namesake earning another $1,125,000 in cash bonus. Once all compensation was accounted for, Bill Ford took home $14,836,013 in 2012.

Mark Fields, Ford's chief operating officer, was rewarded for his work in 2012 with a salary of $1,385,833 plus a cash bonus of $2,340,000. Fields, who is thought to be next in line for the CEO position, netted a total of $8,854,065 in 2012.

Full article available at link.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Re: Ford reveals 2012 compensation for top six execs

Funny -I always look at compensation as a payment making up for a wrong doing. I think I would call this renumeration. i think his base salary is about right and the entire balance should be stock options -which are not 'take home' until they are sold.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy Malibu 2011 silver 2.4L

Just curious? What does one do with that kind of money? Make more mistakes and poor choices?

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Just curious? What does one do with that kind of money? Make more mistakes and poor choices?
    Mulally probably donates a good part of his money to Kansas and MIT.

Bill Ford probably sends a lot of his cash into investments that he and the family has on the side. He owns shares in green companies. There is also charities in the Detroit area that he and family funds. Of course, there is the Lions as well.
    Have sales for GM not seen in THIS POST? Email Me

Go Tigers! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar GM-Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Pontiac Grand Prix base

They are paid WAY TO MUCH, especially, since they do not have a viable luxury brand. Mulally got lucky by mortgaging Ford back in 2005, but they still have not developed a competitive luxury brand. To be competitive in the new world order, you need that luxury money to get through the tough time and they only have F150 in one market of the world.

People lambast Atkinson, but they have blossoming seeds in the ATS and CTS and planting seeds in with the UTS in a couple of years. I see GM, VW, and Toyoda separating themselves from the Ford's and Renault/Nissans by producing more lucrative luxury and high profit vehicles; thus, creating a competitive advantage.
    Current:
    2007 Pontiac Grand Prix (91k+ mi.)
    Sold to Dad:
    1997 Saab 900 2.0 Turbo(150k+ mi.) for $1000 and agreed to help replace the transmission and clutch, now 190k+ mi.
    Retired:
    1987 Chevrolet Silverado 10 (retired 11/12/2007; 219,986 mi.)
    Dead:
    1983 Datsun 280 ZX by Nissan (146,857 mi.)
    1986 Lincoln Mercury Lynx (64K mi.)
    1979 Chrysler Cordoba w/ Corinthian Leather seats (130K mi.)
    1976 Dodge Charger (130K mi.)

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Way to justify the pay: They did a good job and deserver a certain percentage of the profits, and we can't think of anyone else that would guarantee the same results.

Way to not justify the pay: We don't know who they may have been, but there are probably HUNDREDS of people with executive level experience out there (if not more) that could have and would have done the same job for a fraction of the pay.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Sierra Denali, 2003 Yukon

Wah, wah, wah. Here come all the ignorant posts from jealous people complaining about the 1 percenters.

Companies can pay their employees whatever they want. Get over it.
    REMEMBER GM - GOOD ENOUGH, ISN'T!!!

"We expect taxpayers will get back all the money my administration has invested in GM," Obama said.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Cruze LTZ, 2012 S60 T6
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    Funny -I always look at compensation as a payment making up for a wrong doing. I think I would call this renumeration.
    Some would even call it remuneration.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by mr_raider View Post
    Some would even call it remuneration.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    yeah but they wouldn't be dyslexic!

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 donmateo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

You'd think with all the free knowledge provided here, people would absorb some of it. Unfortunately, it seems as if people have become so ignorant that simply passing the buck has become second nature because it's easy. People make more money than me, they don't deserve it. Other people make less, they should make more!

See how far that logic gets you in life, people.
    www.basilonestopshop.com
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Channel: C00120B93
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Customer Service Chat Available

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Charger 8A; 01 PT LTD

Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    yeah but they wouldn't be dyslexic!
    Sure you don't mean dyxlexus?

Quote Originally Posted by donmateo View Post
    You'd think with all the free knowledge provided here, people would absorb some of it. Unfortunately, it seems as if people have become so ignorant that simply passing the buck has become second nature because it's easy. People make more money than me, they don't deserve it. Other people make less, they should make more!

See how far that logic gets you in life, people.
    I for one am outraged that Mulally makes more than I do. By several thousand dollars, in fact. This is just not fair, and we all know that life is fair.

And besides, I've seen a half dozen posters here who could've effortlessly trailbossed the Ford turnaround, only faster and better and cheaper and with more prescience. Meanwhile with the other hand bringing lasting peace to the Mideast and getting NoKo into line.
    Why in hell didn't Ford hire THEM? It's just not right!

And if that isn't bad enough, as the great Native Amurrican Sinator Liz Warren has noted, the minimum wage today should be about 22 bucks/hour. What's wrong with everybody, just Make It So, Number One!

Fixing all this is soooooo easy!
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 03-18-2013 at 11:26 PM.

13Soul 11 200 V6 07GPGXP 07Spectra 95LHS 04Imp 03Accord 02Regal 02AccordV6 01Accord 99Golf TDi 98Concorde 97Concorde 96Concorde 95Intrepid 94Protege 92SHO 93Protege 92P50Taurus

"There are really no last, final campaigns. Each generation must renew and win again for itself, the precious gift of liberty, and the sacred heritage of freedom." Ronald Wilson Reagan

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nruggiero View Post
    Left Lane News
    March 15, 2013
    by Drew Johnson

Ford has released total 2012 compensation for its six top executives. The details were released in a filing with the SEC.

Ford's top man, CEO and president Alan Mulally, pocketed a whopping $20,995,806 in 2012. Mulally earned $2 million in base salary and another $3,950,000 in cash bonus in 2012. The balance of Mulally's 2012 take home pay was comprised of “long-term stock options and other performance-based equity awards.”

Ford's No. 2 earner was Bill Ford, the company's executive chairman. Like Mulally, Ford earned $2 million in salary in 2012, with the company namesake earning another $1,125,000 in cash bonus. Once all compensation was accounted for, Bill Ford took home $14,836,013 in 2012.

Mark Fields, Ford's chief operating officer, was rewarded for his work in 2012 with a salary of $1,385,833 plus a cash bonus of $2,340,000. Fields, who is thought to be next in line for the CEO position, netted a total of $8,854,065 in 2012.

Full article available at link.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information