10K views 45 replies 37 participants last post by  Johnny_Buchanan 
#1 ·
See less See more
#10 ·
I don't see this being around too long.

#19 ·
First thought that comes to mind when I hear "Fiat Strada"

#29 ·
Stop gap measure. Something to hold the fort till Dodge USA comes up with something.

#33 ·
Of course it's a PhotoShop, but the rumours that Fiatsler should at least try to bring it over have been around ever since the Fiat-Chrysler tie-up. The Strada is a very competent pickup for, well, actual pickup duties - it has a solid payload and cargo capacity for its size and fuel consumption, it is inexpensive, robust and reasonably reliable and easy to fix. Based on similar principles, the Dacia Duster became a hit globally, even though its interior is nowhere near the Cadillac SRX.

One of the way to broaden market share is to open up new market segments, something that GM hasn't done in a long time. They're caught in a rut competing with manufacturers who have and obvious edge over them and constantly playing catch-up. Fiatsler kinda realized they are so behind in cars they can simply defend ground with a few entries that are not bad, but not groundbreaking, and focuses on segments where they have edge and little competition - and those are growth segments, btw.

I could see Fiat, at some point, doing a Dacia in the US that Renault-Nissan never dared to, by using Latin American Fiats. This is also somehow in their strategy for Fiat, however schizophrenic it reads.

#39 ·
I've been wondering when we would get vehicles like this again in the US. Yes, it appears we still aren't but with gas prices remaining high, this vehicle might fit the needs of many that aren't being met with current offerings. I think it is time to try again. Who will have the guts to do it?

#37 ·
If people would actually read the news story and digest and process the information given, this would be a very different thread.....

...it's hard, I know. But still...

Reactions: Rocket 88
#42 ·
I don't believe this is going to come to the US, correct? Se habla español but not Portuguese although there are some similarities but it looks like this is just going to be sold in Mexico to compete against the Brazilian built Chevrolet Tornado.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.