FCA Expansion

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FCA Expansion

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Cadillac DTS Performance

FCA Expansion

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/08...?client=safari
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/08/fiat-...2000-jobs.html
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fca-in...210051656.html

With the Wrangler PU and Wagoneer having been stalled for so long, it's almost like they are confident of economic growth and, oh I don't know, return to sensible emissions regulations and finally allowing people to buy the kind of cars they want.
    ~1996 Dodge Stratus ES~
    During Its Better Years:
    Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlekherBob For This Useful Post:

CJH (01-11-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 664 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Re: FCA Expansion

Good news overall. Glad to see the investment.

If the Wagoneer is moving to Warren means that it will share some platform/components with the 1500 rather than using the GC's platform? That has been rumored for some time now; is this confirmation?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlekherBob View Post
    With the Wrangler PU and Wagoneer having been stalled for so long, it's almost like they are confident of economic growth and, oh I don't know, return to sensible emissions regulations and finally allowing people to buy the kind of cars they want.
    I wouldn't disagree, but the EPA is still moving forward with their changes and it might take more than lip-service to get any revisions made.
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC American007's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Jeep WJ

It is a shame that it has taken so long for the Wagoneer/Grand to come. I was excited about the prospect of it, but have grown tired of waiting. Since I will be in the market for a new three row full sizer the new Traverse looks set to be it. Who knows, maybe in another ten years FCA will release one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to American007 For This Useful Post:

CJH (01-11-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    They will be expanding into bankruptcy court in the next 5 years.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 664 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma View Post
    If the Wagoneer is moving to Warren means that it will share some platform/components with the 1500 rather than using the GC's platform? That has been rumored for some time now; is this confirmation?
    Well, I guess this answers that question, eh?

FCA shifts course, will make Jeep Grand Wagoneer body-on-frame
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,022 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    They will be expanding into bankruptcy court in the next 5 years.
    No, they will be part of a feeding frenzy to buy them out before interest rates go up - and soon.

Too much money to be made with Jeep and RAM for anyone to ignore.

Don't look for either Ford or GM to make a move as the other will block any mergers, best bet right now is Nissan.

Honda could be a player along with PSA.

Thanks

I sort of get the feeling that FCA is running scared.

They say they are looking for someone to help them build small cars, HELLO, FIAT. Neither Fiat nor Chrysler has the depth of pockets to do what needs to be done; and FCA is just waiting by the wall for a dance partner that isn't coming.

There has been no real new design work, the Hemi is past dated, as are all the car models.

It seems they are just floating Look At Me balloons, in hopes of getting a dance partner.

They are limping along.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,362 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    No, they will be part of a feeding frenzy to buy them out before interest rates go up - and soon.

Too much money to be made with Jeep and RAM for anyone to ignore.

Don't look for either Ford or GM to make a move as the other will block any mergers, best bet right now is Nissan.

Honda could be a player along with PSA.
    Nissan's alliance with Renault and Mercedes-Benz seems to work well at the moment.

Thanks
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma View Post
    Probably - in another announcement FCA are almost 100% to build the next Grand Cherokee on the same platform as Alfa Romeo Stelvio and Guilia http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...romeo-platform

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruperts Trooper View Post
    Probably - in another announcement FCA are almost 100% to build the next Grand Cherokee on the same platform as Alfa Romeo Stelvio and Guilia http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...romeo-platform
    And it seems that Alfa Romeo E-segment SUV will start production in H1 2018. Same place as Maserati Levante but apparently different platform.

Grand Cherokee has capacity issues at JNAP. I'm wondering if EU Grand Cherokees and some for export could be produced in Italy. Certainly there is a talk about some Dodge models from Italy.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ChrisGinNC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,628 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Ford F-150 - 2016 Chevy S

Not an FCA fan, but good news for America.
    2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L V8

Previous:
    2016 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT
    2014 Silverado High Country

Hidden Content

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bare View Post
    And it seems that Alfa Romeo E-segment SUV will start production in H1 2018. Same place as Maserati Levante but apparently different platform.

Grand Cherokee has capacity issues at JNAP. I'm wondering if EU Grand Cherokees and some for export could be produced in Italy. Certainly there is a talk about some Dodge models from Italy.
    The only Dodge from Italy will be the RWD journey replacement. and Everything SUV related (real SUV not Crossover) will be Exported from the US. the US will be the Export Hub for everything Big (Ram, Grand Cherokee, Wranglers, Wagoneers)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruperts Trooper View Post
    Nissan's alliance with Renault and Mercedes-Benz seems to work well at the moment.
    aint that right??

Exclusive: Nissan halts joint development of luxury cars with Daimler - sources

Thanks
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post
    The only Dodge from Italy will be the RWD journey replacement. and Everything SUV related (real SUV not Crossover) will be Exported from the US. the US will be the Export Hub for everything Big (Ram, Grand Cherokee, Wranglers, Wagoneers)

aint that right??

Exclusive: Nissan halts joint development of luxury cars with Daimler - sources
    Given the protracted timescale of a US-EU trade agreement, likely to be even longer with the change of executive, and the fact that next generation Grand Cherokee will sit on an Alfa platform, we can expect GCs to be built in Europe, for European sale.

Infiniti and Mercedes-Benz are halting joint development of luxury vehicles - the Nissan/Renault/Mercedes-Benz alliance for mainstream vehicles continues apace.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post
    Are you sure? From what I heard if D-CUV from Dodge is coming from Italy then it's very likely that Dodge D-sedan will also come from there. But we do not know what's happening with tariffs. Can they allow themselves to produce non-premium brand cars in Italy? What will be with Saltillo factory in Mexico? It seems like it will have a lot of empty space very soon.

Right now in Italy there is a lot of unused space and even if Alfa Romeo ramp up production drastically there will still be a available space something which US factories are lacking. AFAIK there will be available space in a 2nd Belvidere body shop and that's basically it.

We will know all in the next 60-90 days just as Sergio said. That's the time when they'll know all the plans from Trump's administration.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bare View Post
    Are you sure? From what I heard if D-CUV from Dodge is coming from Italy then it's very likely that Dodge D-sedan will also come from there. But we do not know what's happening with tariffs. Can they allow themselves to produce non-premium brand cars in Italy? What will be with Saltillo factory in Mexico? It seems like it will have a lot of empty space very soon.

Right now in Italy there is a lot of unused space and even if Alfa Romeo ramp up production drastically there will still be a available space something which US factories are lacking. AFAIK there will be available space in a 2nd Belvidere body shop and that's basically it.

We will know all in the next 60-90 days just as Sergio said. That's the time when they'll know all the plans from Trump's administration.
    As i said, the D-RWD CUV (Journey Replacement) for Dodge will be from Italy. I said everything BIG will be from the US (Grand Cherokee, Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer, Wranglers Varients, Ram 1500+ )

Dodge Giorgio Cars will be from the States once they get developed. you really think they will still have LX Plants still running for LX Cars? No it would be no different when they switched from LH to LX (LX cars were always produced for Export from the states even the Thema)

20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information