GM Inside News Forum banner

Dodge Challenger SRT Demon priced at $86,090

3K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  TheBUC 
#1 ·
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon priced at $86,090
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/05/24/dodge-challenger-srt-demon-priced-at-86090.html

May 24, 2017

The Demon may be a devilishly good deal for what's purported to be the world's quickest car.

Dodge’s new 808 hp Challenger SRT Demon will cost $86,090 when deliveries begin this fall.

That’s a little less than a $20,000 premium over the 707 HP Challenger SRT Hellcat it’s based on, but the Demon comes with more than the extra power and drag-racing technology that makes it special, if you’re willing to spend a buck more.

continues at link

#4 ·
Definitely seems like a killer price for the one off engineering that went into this car. Which is nuts with only 3000 built. That, with Dodge trying to cut the excessive dealer markups, I'd think these will sell pretty quickly!

#9 ·
Then don't buy one! Nobody's forcing you to. Obviously Dodge isn't having a hard time, as such an "antiquated platform" shouldn't even be close to Camaro sales, yet it's even outselling Camaro every few months. They don't have any problems selling the non-exclusive Hellcat at $60k+, $86k for such a limited car with a lot of engineering put into it is a deal. They'll sell every one of them. Demon has been the talk of the muscle car world. Camaro hasn't left a dent at all. Nobody's talking about it. If there's one thing the Demon has been stellar at, it's bringing out the haters!

Before I give my opinion I must disclose that I am not interested in drag racing and as such I have no interest in this car. Though I knew some people who were interested in drag racing and from what I can remember them telling me this thing is greatly over priced. It is a toy for someone with a ton of money to spare and nothing else, you can buy (insert cheap pony car from the 1990s) find a vortec 5300 and throw a supercharger on it along with drags and for 1/4 of the price of this vehicle go about as fast.

Not to mention not be as scare about damaging your car as you would be if you paid $86,000 (plus tax,title, and licensing).
Yeah, it's a rich person toy, so what? At 3000 units, it's not made to be a mass-market hotrod. It gets buzz around the Dodge name like no other, which is the goal with cars such as this. It's no different from people spending big bucks on a ZR1 Vette, or ZL1 Camaro, I don't see them at the tracks, I see them at the cruise nights driven by some rich old guy who dusts them off every 5 minutes.

#7 ·
Correction, $86,091 :) If someone doesn't spend the $1 to buy the track pack box I have to question if they're stealing oxygen from society.

#8 ·
Before I give my opinion I must disclose that I am not interested in drag racing and as such I have no interest in this car. Though I knew some people who were interested in drag racing and from what I can remember them telling me this thing is greatly over priced. It is a toy for someone with a ton of money to spare and nothing else, you can buy (insert cheap pony car from the 1990s) find a vortec 5300 and throw a supercharger on it along with drags and for 1/4 of the price of this vehicle go about as fast.

Not to mention not be as scare about damaging your car as you would be if you paid $86,000 (plus tax,title, and licensing).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.