GM Inside News Forum banner

clearest shot yet of the 2011 Charger!

7K views 54 replies 44 participants last post by  jzEllis 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I know the underpinnings are all new, but I still maintain that exterior wise, it is a basic refresh. Average joe will be hard pressed to see the differences in the front end in the '11 and '10. The biggest change is the rear.

I like it, but considering the current design is approaching 6 years old, I think they needed to change the exterior a bit more then they did.

#4 ·
It also has a Opel-esque line going down the doors now.

The white of the police car masked this somewhat. Just looked like a custom paint job. But you can clearly see it on the latest shot.

#8 ·
I think from the rear it looks much nicer, but I like the new fron a bit less. With interior improvements (along with the new V6) it should be enough to keep the car competetive; but I wouldn't think there will be a major increase in demand.

#12 ·
Looks BAD! (bad as in GOOD!). Classic American musclecar stlying and precense!

#16 ·
Second that opinion. I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of the Dodge lineup turns out. This new Charger is looking really good, better than I expected.

#19 ·
THAT'S the rear end that should have been on it from the beginning!!! Not that Stratus crap they used!!!

#20 ·
shame it cant have frameless doors to add to the sportness

#24 ·
I think the new charger looks good. The rear tail lights were what killed the appeal of the charger for me. I like the grill they have on the police one with the chrome and black. It looks much better then the all chrome, and kind of takes away from that ugly 1994 Dodge Ram Pickup look that every subsequent dodge grill has looked horribly like. My only concern is the lack of any logo or lettering on the front of the car. I don't like the ram logo, and I know the cross hair grill is supposed to act like the logo, but at least maybe spell out " D O D G E" or something.

relating to the person who posted the WJRT video from the police tests. I actually saw a white Chevrolet Caprice PPV on the road yesterday, and I have to say, they are EXTREMELY boring looking. For those of you hoping for a civilian version (myself included), they will have to revise the sheet metal a lot, especially the front end / grill or the general public will most likely find it an extremely unappealing car. I drove behind it for about 4 miles and then beside it, and infront of it, and I have to say, an Impala looks more intamadating in the rearview mirror:eek:

As a G8 owner, I hope chevy does come out with a zeta sedan, but they really need to restyle particularly the grill to better match modern chevrolet products.

#27 ·
best of all... its got a HEMI! my love with big, powerful RWD V8 American cars will never die!

#36 ·
You know, every time someone halfway mentions anything related remotely to Zeta, there's a thousand posts with "OMG THAT IS SOOOO MY NEXT CAR." I hate those posts. So much. Because 90% of those people will end up in Accords.

That being said, if this Charger delivers on electronic goodies by its second or third model year, and they don't price it out of the ballpark, it'll be in the running to be my first post-college new car, depending on my graduate school situation.

#38 ·
I love the rear of the car compared to the current one. It definitely gives a nod back to the classic Mopar musclecars. The front end is not bad either I just do not care much for the side profile. Still, not bad for a MCE!

Even though I don't care much for the side profile, it is definitely much better than before.

You have to give Fiat some credit, they seem to really be trying to rebuild the Chrysler brand and make it a success.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.