GM Inside News Forum banner

Aston Martin Lagonda super sedan officially teased

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Ruperts Trooper 
#1 ·
Aston Martin Lagonda super sedan officially teased
Autoblog
Noah Joseph
Jul 25th 2014

Ask anyone who's anyone about Aston Martin and they'll tell you about exclusive and highly desirable two-door luxury GTs – the kind James Bond would drive – but it would be all too easy to forget about the other side of the equation. The company's full name is, after all, Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd., but while the latter name is seldom used, it's about to make a rare comeback.

The British automaker has just confirmed "strictly limited series production" of a new Lagonda saloon, previewed by the two teaser images you see here. The super sedan will be built in the same facility that previously produced the One-77 supercar at the Aston Martin factory in Gaydon and will be available in strictly limited quantities by invitation to select customers exclusively in the Middle East.

Lagona sedanAston Martin has revealed precious few technical details of the new project, but the design clearly pays tribute to the iconically wedge-shaped 1976 Aston Martin Lagonda sedan designed by William Towns, with elements from the recent Zagato-designed Centennial editions evident as well. It will be based on Aston's ubiquitous VH platform that underpins just about everything it currently makes, and given the proliferation of the company's long-serving 6.0-liter V12 engine, we figure it's safe to say that'll provide the motivation as well, with at least the same 565-horsepower output as the Vanquish and the new V12 Vantage S Roadster, if not more.

More at link

See less See more
#3 ·
In april Aston claimed "substantial economic hardship" to be exempt from new safety regulations in the U.S. So, if Aston can sell a couple of Lagonda's to the U.S. it will probably make an exception at least to stay afloat, don't you think? If someone says you can't have something, you start wondering how you can have yours regardless.

#14 ·
On 1 September 2008, Aston Martin announced the revival of the Lagonda marque, proposing a concept to be shown in 2009 to coincide with the brand's 100th anniversary. The first production cars are slated for 2012.[30]

In December 2008, Aston Martin announced it would cut its workforce from 1,850 to 1,250.[3]

The first four-door Aston Martin Rapide sports cars rolled out of the Magna Steyr factory in Graz, Austria in 2010.[31] The contract manufacturer provides dedicated facilities to ensure compliance with the exacting standards of Aston Martin and other marques, including Mercedes-Benz. Ulrich Bez has publicly speculated about outsourcing all of Aston Martin's operations with the exception of marketing.[32] In September 2011 it was announced Rapide production would be returned to Gaydon in the second half of 2012, restoring all manufacture there.[33]

In late 2012, Investment Dar reviewed its stake, with Mahindra & Mahindra emerging as a potential bidder for as much as half of Aston Martin.[34][35] Instead, Italian private equity fund Investindustrial signed a deal on 6 December 2012 to buy 37.5% of Aston Martin, investing £150 million as a capital increase.[6][7][36][37] This was confirmed by Aston Martin in a press release on 7 December 2012.[38] In April 2013 it was reported that Dr Ulrich Bez would be leaving his role as chief executive officer to take up a more ambassadorial position[39] widely seen as the first move by the new shareholders in reviewing the leadership and strategy of the company.

Aston Martin V8 and V12 engines are still manufactured by Aston Martin, they have a separate section at Ford's engine plant in Cologne, Germany by an agreement that lasted until 2013.[40] Ford, which does not use either of the engines in its vehicle range and derives little benefit from the arrangement, has declined to comment on its future.

On July 25, 2013 Aston Martin reached a partnership with Mercedes-AMG to supply new components and power plants for the next generation line up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin
Italian OWNED not middle east owned

#16 · (Edited)
The original Lagonda sedan from the 1970's and 80's can take credit for starting my interest and fascination with automotive design. A stunning polarizing design and I loved it! I became short of breath as I read about the possibility of a follow up to this icon. Its very sacred, but to my surprise, Aston has managed to pulled this off in a massive way. Dare I say this car is the best 4 door design...ever.... period! And its a sedan and not a "4 door coupe!" O those mid- late 1970's Lincolns, especially the Mark 6, borrowed heavily from the Lagonda at that time. Too bad this wont be available in the U.S., at least initially. I'm sure Aston will sell every one they can build. Absolutely stunning!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.