GM Inside News Forum banner

April 2016 Sales - Fiat Chrysler reports best April sales since 2005

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  ksr 
#1 · (Edited)
Fiat Chrysler reports best April sales since 2005

Link

Michael Wayland, The Detroit News 9 a.m. EDT May 3, 2016

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV started Tuesday strong, with its best April sales in 11 years.

The automaker reported sales of 199,631 cars and trucks last month, a 5.6 percent increase compared with sales in April 2015 of 189,027 units — in line with analyst expectations.

The Jeep and Ram brands led the automaker with double-digit sales gains of 17.5 percent and 12.1 percent, respectively. Dodge declined 3 percent, while Chrysler and Fiat both declined 17.5 percent and 18.7 percent, respectively, compared to a year ago.

(continued at link)

Sales Chart:

See less See more
#3 ·
Agreed, I think they wasted a lot of brand equity by doing that.

#7 ·
Looks like people are scrambling to get the Caravan before they're gone. That's a hell of an increase.

Reactions: richmond2000
#8 ·
They were a good deal before and now they have $ 3,500 on the hood. The Chrysler T & C has $ 4,500. Plus a decent dealer discount and good financing. If you want a minivan there is nothing near it from a value perspective right now.

#10 ·
IMHO the numbers are UP in the right places and down where Sergeo wants them down
I personally think the Pacifica SHOULD stay the Town & Country and PLAY UP it is a MINIVAN and NOT try to pass itself of as a quasi SUV thing as it IS a VAN and there are FEW options left
I believe a LOT of the stigma of VAN ownership is LEFT/transferred to CUVs as they are the MOM-MOBILE right now

#17 ·
IMHO the numbers are UP in the right places and down where Sergeo wants them down
Exactly....

A lot of the cars that are way up are very outdated....I suspect large incentives on the Compass, T&C and Caravan. Most of their new cars are way down. This doesn't look that great for FCA, I'd say overall this is very alarming.
Its only very alarming as to how much profit FCA will be making - a lot.

When there is a sales boom going on you want to be selling far more of your old models than your new models.

Why?

Because your old models have long since paid for all their fixed capital costs. So now each sale - even with cash incentives - is highly profitable.

Toyota was one of the first to realize that you should only replace a model when it stops selling. Customers love new models every year but shareholders and bankers love seven year or longer model cycles and the profits they produce.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it - is the key to profitability in the auto industry.

;)

#15 · (Edited)

Sigh... so tired of the spin against FCA....while you know who..... gets a pass....

" FCA said Tuesday that its U.S. sales rose 5.6 percent in April, beating analysts’ estimates and extending its streak of monthly gains to more than six years -- thanks to the popularity of Jeep SUVs and Ram pickups. Nissan, Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. also beat estimates, while Ford and GM missed lofty expectations.

FCA’s sales reached 199,631 cars and light trucks, the automaker said in a statement. That easily beat analysts’ estimates of 4.3 percent growth. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-april-u-s-sales-grow-as-buyers-snap-up-jeeps

One for sure and maybe ? more ? actually had them estimated negative ........ and more than a few had them as fully flat while also far more favorable for many others, including Ford.

FCA's 'beat' was far more impressive than Toyotas, although Toyota is now finally positive on Total YTD by 00.7 % / approx.6,541 units. ( So still with a significant share loss and possibly / most likely by far worse than that for Retail - which still may be fully negative all around. )

--

Retail splits for the Month ( and the First Trimester are going to be 'interesting' - because of Honda....... and GM. )

Including perhaps for FCA..... where either direction is feasible as of this post.

#18 ·
It's the radar sensor for the adaptive cruise control and forward collision alert. It's on all the FCA vehicles with those features, I believe it was first seen on the 2011 Grand Cherokee and has spread. I'm not sure why they can't hide it behind the grill logo or bumper like everyone else.

#19 ·
Had a Cherokee as a rental last month in the US, and see why it's so popular. I saw them everywhere, and they're a very likeable vehicle. I know many people had transmission issues, but assuming they have them ironed out, I can see Jeep's success continuing for a long time.

Crazy to think the Caravan won't be replaced, I understand alot of what FCA is doing these days, but that one is a real head scratcher!

#21 ·
Well, for one ..... 'Canada'.

Also provides a very useful option concerning certain types of Fleet Sales.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.