GM Inside News Forum banner

2017 Jaguar XE Priced From $34,900, New 2016 XF From $51,900

5K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Envoy4Life 
#1 ·
2017 Jaguar XE Priced From $34,900*, New 2016 XF From $51,900*.
Carscoops
September 3, 2015
By: John Halas

US pricing for Jaguar's brand-new 2017 XE and the second-generation of their larger XF sedan are no longer a mystery.

The British firm's answer to the German trio of Audi A4, BMW 3-Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the new XE sedan, will arrive in US showrooms in spring of 2016 as a 2017 model, available with three engine choices, including a diesel.

The range kicks off with the XE 2.5t powered by a 240hp turbocharged four-pot priced from $34,900, not including delivery fees at $995 (*), which is slightly more than the 180hp BMW 320i ($33,150) but notably less than the 240hp 328i ($38,350), not counting for any equipment differences.
For more power, you'll have to go for the XE 35t that gets a 340hp supercharged V6 and is priced from $41,700, while if you prefer fuel economy over performance, there's the diesel-powered 20d with a 180hp 2.0L four that starts from $36,400. All wheel drive will be available on 20d and 35t models at an as of yet, undisclosed price.

Meanwhile, Jaguar will launch its new 2016 XF sedan later this year, with the good news here being that it's priced as much as nine percent less than the previous generation model with the entry-level V6.

As such, the new 2016 XF 35t with a 340hp 3.0-liter supercharged V6 starts from $51,900 (not including a $995 delivery fee), which is slightly more than the now discontinued 2.0-liter turbo four version of the 2015 XF ($50,175), but $5,275 less than the 2015 XF 3.0 V6. There's also an all-new derivative, the 380hp 3.0L supercharged V6 XF S model with added features that starts at $62,700.

Jaguar said that it would also add a diesel powered derivative to the range next year and which will bring the entry price for an XF to "under $50,000".

Both the 2017 XE and 2016 XF will come with Jaguar's new EliteCare program that includes a 5 year or 60,000 mile (whichever comes first) warranty, free scheduled maintenance, and roadside assistance.

2016 Jaguar XF US Models and MSRP (*) Excluding a $995 delivery fee:
XF 3.0L Supercharged V6, 340hp - $51,900
XF 3.0L Supercharged V6, 380hp - $62,700

2017 Jaguar XE US Models and MSRP (*) Excluding a $995 delivery fee:
25t 2.0L Turbocharged I-4, 240hp - $34,900
20d 2.0L Turbocharged I-4, 180hp - $36,400
35t 3.0L Supercharged V6, 340hp - $41,700

See less See more
#5 ·
Probably won't do much to attract 3/C customers based on image. Probably won't do much to attract IS/Q50 buyers as many of those customers may prefer the value and dependability (or reputation thereof). So it might compete primarily with various "other" consumers, like those who'd shop a Giulia or maybe an ATS depending on where in the globe we're talking, cars more about style or other emotional attachments rather than sheer image and stature in the segment. So I don't see this selling immensely well in the US, maybe 1500 units monthly give or take. Part of the problem for Jaguar of course is that they have no established base of customers with a car like this, as X-Type owners have doubtless long since moved on to buy whatever else appealed to them, not that there were too many X-Type buyers anyway. Therefore, this is chiefly a conquest car. All of that aside I'm not saying it's going to fail, just that it isn't as simple as a cheap Jag that people are going to clamor for.

For me, I'll take a Giulia if I want something more emotional.....if it ever gets to the US and turns out to be any good. If I'm being a reasonable person, C-Class all day.

Wake up Cadillac. The competition is still heating up.

#8 ·
Talking about JLR, I test drove a Discovery Sport the other day while the Grand Cherokee was at maintenance and let me tell you, that interior is awful. Design is terrible, materials are nothing to talk about and it didn't even smell good(yes smell is important in a luxury car).

RR Sport was nice, real RR is very nice inside, but my favorite is still the LR4. There's something about that makes me want to go on an adventure and I'm not a Land Rover guy.

#21 · (Edited)
Some manufacturers still don't get the difference between luxury buyers and performance luxury buyers.
You can struggle plenty delivering top handling cars on bespoke platforms only to discover it's all a waste.

Without the right badge on the front, the cars sit like flowers on the wall.....

#27 ·
Some manufacturers still don't get the difference between luxury buyers and performance luxury buyers.
You can struggle plenty delivering top handling cars on bespoke platforms only to discover it's all a waste.

Without the right badge on the front, the cars sit like flowers on the wall.....
I wish more brands' executives knew that. At least in context of Jaguar there's some history and all for building a driver's sedan, so that's at least not knew. Though what's different is that it seems more German in someways than something like a typical Jag.

I think most people will be suitably impressed once these hit the streets. This time AWD is available from the get go, so that has to help sales quite a bit in the colder/rainier parts of the U.S. and Canada.
It can probably be considered a success if they sell a consistent ~1500 units in the US monthly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.