GM Inside News Forum banner

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor pricing leaked

5K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  jpd80 
#1 ·
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor pricing leaked
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/07/25/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-pricing-leaked/

July 25, 2016

Ford’s performance pickup will beat its most powerful pony car…on price.

A pricing sheet for the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor uncovered by Autoblog (not WikiLeaks!) shows the truck starting at $49,520 for a SuperCab, with the larger SuperCrew going for $52,505.

Both come with a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 with at least 450 hp, a 10-speed transmission, long-travel suspension, and a computer-controlled 4x4 system with six drive modes that range from rock crawling to high speed desert running. Several option groups are available, including a luxury package that adds $9,345.

More at link

See less See more
#3 ·
You can get into a fully loaded SuperCrew Raptor for the low $60's MSRP. That's not bad at all when you look at what that will get you elsewhere.

#8 ·
That's a lot lower than I was expecting. I'm surprised. I'm betting that most of the first ones come loaded and closer to $70k. I have a co-worker saving and waiting to buy one, and that's what his dealer told him to expect.

I wish GM would come out with some type of performance truck - street or off-road.

The EB looks great on paper, but I'd prefer my NA 6.2L given the choice.

#11 ·
The Spark. It's small enough that it can sneak up without the Raptor noticing.

#13 · (Edited)
The key difference between Ford and GM performance Trucks and Utes is
that Ford and it's buyers are moving on past V8 engines, GM not so much.

CAFE is why GM is restricting the 6.2 to premium level products,
putting it out of reach of most buyers is a way of conforming to CAFE
without being seen to desert the few high value buyers that are left...

GM could quite easily extend its TTV6s into a lot more RWD and FWD/AWD vehicles
but chooses to limit those offerings to low volume Cadillac sales. How many retail sales
is GM passing up by not pursuing a broader HP theme to Chevrolet, GMC and Buick.

Am I asking GM to copy Ford and put TTV6s in everything possible?

No, just be mindful and listen to what all those Ute and car buyers now want.

#16 ·
It haul's ass and pulls women's undergarments off. ;)

Towing is around 8,000 lbs, don't know about payload.

#29 ·
While the payload is not fantastic, I did see a good towing comparison between F250 and Raptor
up Ike Gauntlet and given that result, I'd expect that the new Raptor with EB V6 and 10AT
would do much better. Let's face it, F150 is more about towing anyway than payload.

#32 ·
I was really excited when they showed the new concept. What I liked most about it was the two-tone interior blue/white velvet or whatever it was. I'm still on the fence with the V6 but hopefully I'll get a chance next year to drive one. Maybe it won't be too bad.

#40 ·
They will only be cross shopped because of the large price disparity, not because of similarity. The Colorado needs a bigger engine. My wife has the 3.6 and it's painfully weak. Great on mileage though. You just have to floor it to get any hustle.

#41 ·
Is the Silverado ZR2 more like the previous F150 FX4, an affordable sports package?
If so, adding 6.2 and 10 AT could be just the ticket to a desirable truck for GM buyers.

Shoot, would it kill GM to offer their TT 3.6 V6 as a top of the line engine in Silverado?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.