GM Inside News Forum banner

2015 Dodge Charger Debuts At 2014 New York Auto Show

27K views 149 replies 77 participants last post by  jry 
#1 ·

Dodge has unveiled the dramatically revised 2015 Charger at this week's New York Auto Show. By its own admission, the company has reworked just about every body panel on the car, so while similar under the skin the new Charger projects a very different image. Many of the car's styling tweaks are influenced by the smaller Dodge Dart. Both the blacked-out grille and the projector-equipped headlights are slimmer, the latter now laden with distinctive C-shaped LED daytime running lights. The front bumper has been revised, incorporating separate LED running light units, and the hood has also been redesigned

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1091466_2015-dodge-charger-debuts-at-2014-new-york-auto-show

See less See more
#2 ·
Motor Authority
By Antony Ingram
04/16/2014

Dodge has unveiled the dramatically revised 2015 Charger at this week's New York Auto Show. By its own admission, the company has reworked just about every body panel on the car, so while similar under the skin the new Charger projects a very different image. Many of the car's styling tweaks are influenced by the smaller Dodge Dart. Both the blacked-out grille and the projector-equipped headlights are slimmer, the latter now laden with distinctive C-shaped LED daytime running lights. The front bumper has been revised, incorporating separate LED running light units, and the hood has also been redesigned.

The car's characterful side profile remains largely unchanged, but Dodge still notes new front and rear fenders and new doors. Towards the rear the Charger's signature body-width light bar has taken on a smoother, curved appearance. This too is lit by a 'racetrack' of LEDs, just as it was on the older car. The bumper too is smoother, with exhaust outlets now integrated into the bumper's lower panel. A small lip spoiler on R/T models replaces the raised spoiler used on previous Chargers. Six new 20-inch alloy wheel designs are available, including a 20x9 inch forged aluminium wheel option. A set of 'heritage' color options, including B5 Blue and TorRed, join the options list.

*Full Article w/Pictures at Link

#5 ·
Literally made me say "wow" when I saw it. That's a hot car, not quite as "kick your ass" looking anymore, but still a damn good looking car.

#55 · (Edited)
I like the Challenger a lot better. Except for the taillights. They could have improved it and saved bucks at the same time by using the Charger taillights, its best feature now.

Now with the 8A available on the 3.6 this is a very attractive package for your average neighborhood Neanderthal shopper.

My first thought. THIS WILL HAVE TO GROW ON ME.:(

What did they do? I prefer the current gen.
Me too. Why the hell "emulate" the less-than-spectacular Dart?:confused: The Dart is a mediocrity by most accounts.

The taillights are the only distinctive feature.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I don't like this MCE much at all.

Rarely does scaling-up a small car's styling...in this case, the Dart...to a larger car ever work out well. And the 2015 Charger is no exception. The front fascia looks like it belongs on a completely different car, while the rear would look right at home on, well, a Dart. I think the current model is a much more cohesive design.

Oh well, I'm not buying another Chrysler product anytime soon (sorry, Neanderthal), so I guess my opinion is moot.
I agree with your whacks. My feelings are not tied to what others think of what some company thousands of miles away builds.

The round headlight look of the current Charge & Chally is quite distinctive.

The LED look is going to wear thin fast.

In fact, it's already worn thin because every swingin richard in town including Elantras and other muffins have LED front ends now.

"Hey mister! Is that an Audi?"
"No, kid. It's a Suzuki SX1. Now scram!" :fall:

#19 ·
The did a great job and I love it all but have two quibbles. One it should have the rotary gear knob and two I don't like all that plastic around the a/c controls. Other than that looks great they are on a roll.

#52 ·
I agree with the rotary knob. However, I'm sure that there will be a solution from the aftermarket to dress up the console area around the radio.

That comparison has come up before in regards to the former/now-Ram logo...

This Big Horn Sheep takes offense to being compared to a uterus.

No supercharged 6.2 though. Interesting....
Ralph Gilles had said specifically last month in Autoline After Hours that the Hellcat models were a couple of months away. That put those rumors of seeing the Hellcat in NYC to rest.

Looks darn good; very handsome and modern. This bad boy might find itself in my garage someday.
I'm sure that you've seen the lease offer Dodge has thrown out there? http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f37/dodge-offers-1-year-lease-challenger-charger-161529/

Ut oh. Nothing posted on any official Mopar websites... debut isn't until tomorrow, guess Motor Authority decided the embargo lifted today, eh?
Most sites break the embargo on new models. But, they play cat & mouse to see who wants to be first. MA just wanted to be first.

You are correct about nothing officially from Dodge themselves. They will introduce the Charger & Challenger at 11:30 Eastern time. They will have a live stream of the intro here: http://new.livestream.com/chryslerlive/DodgeNYProductReveal

Considering all of the rumors about the Hemi engines, I expect that there is some info that wasn't released that will put egg on some website writers' faces. Rumors of a true 400 HP & aluminum block for the 5.7L Hemi are the most circulated. We shall see later today.

I know Motor Authority was early in releasing information but by later date i am guessing later this year. Since the info leaked on the Challenger shows that the former SRT 6.4 is now just a trim package and no longer branded SRT, it sounds like more is coming.
I noticed the 6.4L trim models, but I won't believe it until Dodge says it's official. Plus, it would seem strange that there was no mentioned info on the Charger keeping the 392 Hemi.

I like the current model waaaay more.

Curious to see it in Pursuit trim.
Just Photoshop the pictures to black with white doors & PS a light bar on the roof. :p:

#28 · (Edited)
That comparison has come up before in regards to the former/now-Ram logo...

On that note, it does seem to show where they're trying to emulate that logo design through the front fascia styling. Looks good to me, more modern than the old front that hadn't changed a whole lot since the original LX Charger.

#24 ·
That looks horrible. The Dart is not a design to emulate. Totally ruined this car. Yuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.