2013 Dodge Dart Rallye First Drive (review compilation)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye First Drive (review compilation)

Banned
    Thanks

2013 Dodge Dart Rallye First Drive (review compilation)

2013 Dodge Dart Rallye First Drive
    Edmunds
    April 27, 2012
    by Dan Edmunds

The 2013 Dodge Dart is a strong effort, a car that should instantly allow Dodge to compete with its established rivals after several years on the compact sidelines. It looks great, is priced aggressively, stacks up nicely in terms of power and efficiency and offers a whole slew of premium options.

Beyond that, the Dart handles; it has mojo. The Alfa Romeo Giulietta DNA that went into it has emerged intact, albeit in a somewhat larger, trunkified form.

From where we sit, the 2013 Dodge Dart is definitely worth a closer look. There's an obvious comparison test in our near future but, whatever the outcome, Dodge's return to the increasingly important compact segment should help put it on a path to a far rosier future.

Full article at link.
    Last edited by ne_one; 04-30-2012 at 03:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Canada Editor Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye First Drive

Autoblog

2013 Dodge Dart [w/video]

Dodge has managed to put together an impressive machine in the 2013 Dart. With an engaging drive, powerful and efficient mid-level engine option and a very stylish exterior, it should have no problem welcoming disillusioned Civic buyers who want a car that doesn't feel as if it were designed by the minds at Frigidaire. Fun is far from dead in the compact class, and the 2013 Dodge Dart proves it.
    Car and Driver

2013 Dodge Dart

For a company backed onto the ropes only three years ago, elbowing into the fastest-growing, most competitive segment in the car business is a remarkable feat. The inevitable conclusion is that high stress levels and impossible goals are what motivate Chrysler to achieve great things. So far, Sergio Marchionne’s moves seem shrewdly aimed. During the first quarter of this year, Chrysler sales rose by a third over 2011. Everything we’ve learned about the Dodge Dart convinces us it’s sailing straight and true to a bull’s-eye landing.
    Left Lane News

First Drive: 2013 Dodge Dart

We’ll need a more thorough evaluation to put the words “segment leader” and “Dodge Dart” in the same sentence, but it should certainly make even the compact class’ most polished rivals more than a little nervous.

Dart is a high value compact sedan that looks, feels and drives every bit a class – or two – above the compact segment leaders.
    Last edited by ne_one; 04-30-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks

it is great looking in an out.. i would just be worried about quality

Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Malibu LT2 V6

It's ok - 100% improvement over what Chrysler has now but that's not saying much.
    Last edited by dindak; 04-29-2012 at 09:38 AM.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

I can't believe they named it Dart; it's so trashy and back to the automotive dark ages . The Pinto's return must be nigh.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 chakis24's Avatar
    Thanks

definitely compares interestingly to the cruze. same price, same mpg, but much sportier with more power. the r/t will start at 23k and that looks like it will get you a lot....a lot that the cruze doesnt have.

gm needs a cruze ss. they really screwed up leaving all the cobalt ss owners behind.
    Last edited by chakis24; 04-28-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    My Ride: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

This car does not bode well for other automakers considering what Chrysler has recently done with no C segment car.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

this will be the leading car in this segment in all forms, the aero will have the best mpg and upcoming SRT4 will be a 300hp animal it will cover the whole range, sporty, efficient, affordable and luxurious, while the addition of the SRT4 will bring insanity with AWD and 300hp for 30 k

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by free_energy0 View Post
    I can't believe they named it Dart; it's so trashy and back to the automotive dark ages . The Pinto's return must be nigh.
    To liken the dart of yore to the pinto is akin to saying "I know absolutely nothing about cars."

seriously.
    1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck - mild roller-cammed/eddy headed 408: 378whp...and more on the way.
    2007 Chrysler Aspen
    2005 Pontiac Vibe
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Thanks

Not bad, not bad at all. The Dart is the only compact other than the Cruze I would buy!
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com
    I find it sad that some people wish for GM to fail and can't comprehend any good news. A plausible explanation for this kind of behavior is that you have a miserable life so you wish the same to others. Cory Pham, Autoblog Poster

GM must return its divisions to being interdependent entities within the corporation. Decentralize and free the different divisions talents to foster brand differentiation and customer loyalty.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chakis24 View Post
    definitely compares interestingly to the cruze. same price, same mpg, but much sportier with more power. the r/t will start at 23k and that looks like it will get you a lot....a lot that the cruze doesnt have.

gm needs a cruze ss. they really screwed up leaving all the cobalt ss owners behind.
    Yep...I almost pulled the trigger on a Cruze a few months back, but wanted something a little more like the Cobalt SS it would be replacing. Looking forward to the R/T version of this.
    2012 Chevy Cruze 2LT/RS 6MT
    2008 Saturn Vue Green Line
    1996 Chevy Beretta Z26
    2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Gone but not forgotten...2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    2010 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC Stage One

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

I've had both Dodges and Fiats. I bought them because they were very cheap used. I would consider another Dodge but would never consider another Fiat. I don't have the nerve to buy a blend of them new but they should drop to dirt cheap quickly.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

This is how you swing for the fences. 1.4 turbo is awesome sounding.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    I've had both Dodges and Fiats. I bought them because they were very cheap used. I would consider another Dodge but would never consider another Fiat. I don't have the nerve to buy a blend of them new but they should drop to dirt cheap quickly.
    thats the same mentality that anti american car buyers have, things change car companies make huge strides, saying never is ignorant in my opinion

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 SX Holden Captiva Diesel

There's something about the window line in that picture that makes it look like a last gen Hyundai Elantra

Definately not it's most flattering angle
    She’s got four a colour, four a clear
    She’s lookin’ better year by year
    And unlike you tonight she’s riding low

So baby its goodbye
    You could never get me high
    Like when I light the nitro on my
    HQ454 Monroe

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information