GM Inside News Forum banner

(COLORS - Caprice Coupe) VF Monaro SS - thus Chevy SS Coupe?

103K views 105 replies 52 participants last post by  camaro_freak 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Should Holden do a VF Monaro
- thus Chevy SS Coupe?

Discuss this article further at our Chevy SS Forum

Op-Ed by MonaroSS
GMI Contributor – 1 May 2012

Just a quick one this time. If I were Holden and knew the VF was Zeta's last hurrah, I would do a Gen 4 Monaro. I mean the Gen 3 was late in that platform’s cycle and was only intended to run a few years. It was created to only run small production numbers. So if the Gen 3 was justifiable then, surely a Gen 4 is justifiable now.....

The thing is that they start so much further ahead than when the Gen 3 Monaro/Pontiac GTO was created. For a start a lot of the design work has already been done on Coupe 60. And unlike Gen 3 Monaro, a Gen 4 has an instant export market in that Chevrolet can simply add an SS Coupe to the SS Performance Sedan.

Now some may say it would eat into Camaro sales but I say not if they keep numbers limited, and it's styling and 5 place seating would appeal more to a BMW 3 Coupe buyer demographic...

EDIT: New Caprice Coupe RS, Monaro SS, Chevy SS Coupe & Chevy Nomad SS

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

;)

See less See more
#92 ·
Good work MonaroSS, Just wish the Chevy versions were Pontiacs....as they should be in my & others like-minded to me's opinion.

I'd love to see Pontiac versions of these w/split Pontiac grills from the 60s either blacked out or w/horizontal "wire" lines. :)

#100 ·
I'm ready to buy one of these fictitious coupes right now... if only they were actually going to be produced. :( Price it at 35-40K and I assure you, I wouldn't be the only one forking over the cash. I've been holding off buying a used Caddy STS-V in anticipation of the Chevy SS sedan (or coupe, if the stars aligned...) I need a rear-drive fix other than my Corvette; it would be nice for GM to show us the car already!

#104 ·
looks like a GREAT car. But what i would like to see is something different other then a clone. I have a old grand am coupe for daily use in winter and i love it. NO ONE makes a large, pracitcal coupe anymore. I'd love to see a coupe and wagon version of this in FWD. That certainly would not go against camaro and the FWD and size would be better for us that have to drive it in bad weather and pull family car duty but not be dull. --As longs as we get the 300hp V6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.