2015 Cadillac SRX-V

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Cadillac SRX-V

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

2015 Cadillac SRX-V

2015 Cadillac SRX

Op-Ed by MonaroSS
    GMI Contributor – 12 April 2013

Those of you who know me realise I don't do trucks, SUV's or CUV's; well not often... But people have been asking me what a new style for the SRX may look like and now with the release of the CTS I offer this possibility.

It's just a conservative application of the CTS styling cues which I think many want to see spread more across the Cadillac range.

Click to Enlarge

And for those who like the possibilities offered by the new Cadillac TTV6, an SRX-V is one potential outcome.

I don't have a lot else to say, as I'm personally not big on this class of vehicle, I'll leave that to others...

Click to Enlarge

Last edited by MonaroSS; 04-11-2013 at 12:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 Dodge Dakota QC 4x4 4.7L

Re: 2015 Cadillac SRX-V

I love your styling interpretation for this one, with the exception of the V. Those wheels are pretty hard on the eyes and it looks gawdy. The only issue I have with both is the silver strip on top of the windshield looks weird. Is that just the way the light is hitting the front part of the roof or is that a feature you added to the glass itself. It just looks funky in the picture.

Overall, very nice work as usual.
    Future Rides: Dodge Viper (hopefully someday) & 2009 Pontiac G8 (seriously)

Current Rides: 2002 Dodge Dakota QC 4.7 V8 4x4, 2001 Ford ZX2 (Work commute car) & 2009 Saturn Vue XR (wife's car)

Past Rides: 1992 Buick Century, 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, 1998 Buick Regal LS, 2003 Buick Regal GS, 2004 Honda Civic EX & 1998 Honda Civic DX

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

I wish they would build the next SRX on Alpha and rename it as well! I would keep your sharp overall styling intact for an Alpha based replacement except move the front axle line forward while shifting the front-side marker lights at the corners to more of an angle like the grill has and rename it CTX!! Like the BMW X5 the next SRX should be CTS based with the new and superior name CTX! Then they could also do a smaller ATX as well based on the ATS model with the next Escalade positioned above them both in the SUV/Crossover Cadillac line!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 VX Corsa SXi

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroSS View Post

Those of you who know me realise I don't do trucks, SUV's or CUV's; well not often...

I see you don't do apostrophes (correctly) either! Thankfully those are some good looking Caddys, well done!

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al63240 View Post
    I love your styling interpretation for this one, with the exception of the V. Those wheels are pretty hard on the eyes and it looks gawdy. The only issue I have with both is the silver strip on top of the windshield looks weird. Is that just the way the light is hitting the front part of the roof or is that a feature you added to the glass itself. It just looks funky in the picture.

Overall, very nice work as usual.
    That is just the sun reflections on the roof...

Here are some other wheels for you...

Last edited by MonaroSS; 04-11-2013 at 11:40 AM.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 majicbz07's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 GMC Terrain SLT

Great job Monaro, I actually think these headlights look good on it, to me the current headlights are just oo big and makes the whole car seemed umproportioned.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I was hoping this link was about the redesigned model coming out in 2-3 years. Phooey. Anyways, nice job on the pictures. I think everything looks good but the wheels are a bit overdone.

emh
    Thanks

These are nicely done, Monaro, as usual.

But in the real world, I'd rather see GM replace the SRX with an Alpha-based one sooner rather than invest in derivatives of the current one. I'm not a RWD die-hard for SUVs -- it's just nice to have Cadillac add volume to Alpha rather than needing Buick or Chevrolet variants (aside from the Camaro) to make the business case.

Plus I'm not a big fan of the current one's front-heavy appearance although it's a trait shared by some Audi designs as well and seems popular (or at the very least, not off-putting) in the target demographic.
    "The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion" -- John Lawton

Thanks

Nice design, but, the V signature should never be attached to an SRX.
    1966 Corvair Corsa

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

I have actually had thoughts of an SRX-V or V Sport after the unveiling of the transverse utilization LF3, and I applaud the concept. Lexus now offers an F Sport RX350 with no power upgrades, and perhaps a 380 hp SRX V Sport would create a new sub class within this class?

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

You SO ROCK!!!
    Last edited by ne_one; 04-11-2013 at 12:22 PM.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 Premium Member mkwelbornjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 VW GLI

I like this alot. The removal of the chrome fender vents works great. On the current model I think dealers are adding flashier aftermarket chromed vents that look like shiny plastic and its really killing the brand image.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Harry_Dunne's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Mutt Cutts Van / Fur

While I have no interest in them doing a "V" in the SRX line, I have been wondering what the new CTS/ATS design theme would look like, applied to the SRX. The front end styling was the absolute weak point in the current design (I owned one, in spite of it, but never liked it. The rest was really nice- good proportions, great rear end styling, but that chunky nose and awkward headlight arrangement never seemed in step with the good CTS looks).

I think the new front end completely reinvigorates the looks on the car, and would hardly mess with the rest. It works really well. Thanks!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,191 Posts

I really dig the usage of the ULC wheels and the usage of the Ciana wheels on the V.

It looks great, did you enlarge or otherwise mess with the taillights? They look a bit off on the angle.

Quote Originally Posted by mkwelbornjr View Post
    I like this alot. The removal of the chrome fender vents works great. On the current model I think dealers are adding flashier aftermarket chromed vents that look like shiny plastic and its really killing the brand image.
    They're adding chromed-out C pillars here and it looks hideous on the thing. The chrome vent is bad enough already.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Crazy4Camaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Nissan Altima 2.5SV

One of your best yet! Beautiful!

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information