(Sub)standard of the World: My ATS Experience - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Sub)standard of the World: My ATS Experience

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Grand Prix GT

Re: (Sub)standard of the World: My ATS Experience

If I was the one in the situation I would ask for my deposit and I would go to my nearest BMW dealer and buy a 3 but those are my 2 cents. As much as I love GM a car is a very important purchase and customer service is very important in the car ownership.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

A PREMIUM VEHICLE ... with premium acquisition/customer service experience???

Is it really worth the $$ PREMIUM?

Just about as impressive as Wells Fargo in 2007 when they told us they could not even find our mortgage documentation. Paid it off and they had to find something ... well, at least the deed was cleared ... after about 6 months.
    It is important what WE use as our "moral compass" and ...
    the "measuring stick" chosen for judging progress/success as well.

44 mpg by 2010 ... 2013?

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Charger 8A; 01 PT LTD

Next time, make your deposit via CC, preferably American Express.

AmEx peeeooosssess off some merchants, but they've always been more than helpful in yanking some funds back that need to come home to daddy.

13Soul 11 200V6 07GPGXP 07Spectra 95LHS 04Imp 03Accord 02Regal 02AccordV6 01Accord 99GolfTDi 98Concorde 97Concorde 97HXCivic5m 96Concorde 95Intrepid 94Protege5m 92SHO5m 93Protege5m 92P50Taurus 91Camry5m 79Parisienne

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.--Thomas Jefferson

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

This is a dealer issue mainly because I have kept Camaro customers happy that had to wait far longer, and dealt with many delays as well as stop sell orders. You are not dealing directly with GM on this order you are dealing directly with the dealer, and it is their responsibility to do whatever they can to keep you happy. I have had to authorize different things on Camaro orders including floor mats paid for by the dealer to make up for extended waits for orders above, and beyond the expected. Dealers always have more information than they let on, and I had a similar issue with my new car and a recall that was reported but the dealer denied. My dealer also played coy when I purchased my Escalade especially with a missing heated windshield washer system missing when came to take delivery.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    Anything other than "we're not sure where your car is" would suffice - that's not a very comforting statement to hear on a purchase as sizable as this one. Which I've been told that very statement both from my sources and the dealer (which GM told them that). Specifically, tell me what's going on and give me a ballpark ETA. It ain't that difficult.

I mean, if it's going to be another two months or so, let me know so I can get my deposit back and go buy something else.
    Well, technically, you havent bought the car yet. Its still GM's.

Its the ZL1 debacle all over again. They just took the cars and told the owners, well, you'll get them back at some time.
    Just that time again to ignore certain people. I'm certain they will continue to try and instigate and antagonize while throwing up their arms saying they did nothing but are here on a civil basis. Not worth the time seeing how some just seem to know all.

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 326 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    This is a dealer issue mainly because I have kept Camaro customers happy that had to wait far longer, and dealt with many delays as well as stop sell orders. You are not dealing directly with GM on this order you are dealing directly with the dealer, and it is their responsibility to do whatever they can to keep you happy. I have had to authorize different things on Camaro orders including floor mats paid for by the dealer to make up for extended waits for orders above, and beyond the expected. Dealers always have more information than they let on, and I had a similar issue with my new car and a recall that was reported but the dealer denied. My dealer also played coy when I purchased my Escalade especially with a missing heated windshield washer system missing when came to take delivery.
    I've personally been in GM's dealer network (global connect and dealerworld). All you get in there on any order is the event code. And the next step for more details is to call the DBC and hope you get someone worth a crap. What else can they do to get this alleged high degree of information?
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

Thanks

It's in Budd Lake New Jersey. lol
    AWD wagons
    Feeling Good by David Burns

Biodiesel forum
    http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751
    Fuel documentary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CBOdgBlk8

Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

I've personally been in GM's dealer network (global connect and dealerworld). All you get in there on any order is the event code. And the next step for more details is to call the DBC and hope you get someone worth a crap. What else can they do to get this alleged high degree of information?
    The sales people for the most part nothing, and quite frankly most of them don't even have access to that level of information. As you already mentioned it is the level of communication, and your expectations not being met in that area. If they had of contacted you straight away, and explained the whole situation, and let you know what could be expected. If they had of under promised yet over delivered as far as communication would you still be as annoyed with the handling of this very difficult situation? The dealers at a high level typically have contacts when things are not going right, and some even have access to the executives as my old dealer principal did on occasion.

The dealer is your point of contact with GM, and quite simply it is they who have failed you at this point. You said earlier if they had of told you anything, and kept you in the loop you would not be upset apparently they have not even done what is reasonably expected.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Honda Civic

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Sorry but we are just in as much of the dark as the customer on sold orders. I have a sold order right now ordered at the end of September its at 3300 production scheduled since October 10th. No information from GM. I warn my customers ahead of time we expect 6 to 8 weeks but it could be longer. I have seen it take 17 days from order to delivery also. I have also seen the flip side of the coin customers calling everyday where is my car whens it going to come in.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Six to 8 weeks is normal. Add in a brand new car and it can be longer.
    V
    Just hang back and be glad your not getting the car before it's time.

The communication is half baked and its pissing you off ...I understand but it's really that you didn't even wait the 6 to 8 weeks before questioning and the turbo 4 manual is a late arrived in the new ATS..

Thro back a cold one and laugh it off...

It's a turbo 4 manual transmission caddy and it's new territory

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 ATS RWD FE3 M6
    I'm up in Ontario this week for work, so sitting in the hotel is giving me plenty of time to think.

There are good reasons I didn't go with the 328 or 335, and while I'm upset as well, my dealer hasn't had any updates at all (I told them about the trans issue) and the car is stuck at 3000 status. I haven't been jerked around saying "on it's way!" "no it's not!"... For better or worse...

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

If I didn't have a $1,000 deposit tied up in the ATS, I'd have a 335i in the driveway.

That more or less should demonstrate my level of brand loyalty.

I assure you corporations will **** me over one time, and one time only. Next I'll either get even or never come back.
    Go get your deposit back. If you're intending to send a message, nothing talks like money. Go get that new BMW and enjoy driving it today! You're in the drivers seat.

Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chadwick View Post
    I'm up in Ontario this week for work, so sitting in the hotel is giving me plenty of time to think.

There are good reasons I didn't go with the 328 or 335, and while I'm upset as well, my dealer hasn't had any updates at all (I told them about the trans issue) and the car is stuck at 3000 status. I haven't been jerked around saying "on it's way!" "no it's not!"... For better or worse...
    If the communication is there, and constant whilst having clear cut expectations told you via your dealer then it makes the wait more palatable.

Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

NSAP who is the highest person that you have spoken to at your dealer? Have you spoken to the General Manager at least in regards to your concerns?

Thanks

If I didn't have a $1,000 deposit tied up in the ATS, I'd have a 335i in the driveway.

That more or less should demonstrate my level of brand loyalty.

I assure you corporations will **** me over one time, and one time only. Next I'll either get even or never come back.
    Is there a sunset clause in the contracts where you are? I always put a latest delivery date on all of mine. Gives me a way to bail out of the contract if need be. Puts pressure on the dealer to perform. As long as the time allowed is fair and reasonable, even make it a few weeks generous - the dealer shouldn't complain.

Eg - if the dealer quotes 8 weeks then give them 10 etc etc. That said, all of my recent purchases have been ex stock somewhere. Even the rare as hens teeth Senator was 10 day delivery

Red Hot Mike

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information