H3 Hummer problems....

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H3 Hummer problems....

Walking
    Thanks

H3 Hummer problems....

I still continue to have problems with our 2006 H3. The knocking noise in the rear-end has become increasingly louder. After we sent it 150 miles to San Antonio for repairs, the dealer sent us some paperwork saying the noise is a "Normal Condition." If anyone else is having this problem: call me (361) 906-1224 Don Kidd .... I have been a loyal GM customer for 17 years (I have bought a new GM product every year for the past 9 years - 1998 GM 1500 truck, 1999 Chevy Blazer, 2000 Chevy Blazer, 2001 Avalanche, 2002 Avalanche, 2003 Cadillac, 2004 Avalanche 4X4, 2005 Hummer H2, 2006 Hummer H2 SUT for me & H3 for my wife................Anyway, we have attempted to sell the H3 and both prospective buyers declined due to the knocking noise (even though they knew it was still under warranty). We are considering the "Lemon Law." I am going to up the volume on all this and maybe get GM's attention as the "GM Cares" phone number 1-800-462-2737 has been constantly busy (I called about 10 times, and my secretary has called numerous times duing the day. Needless to say, I think I will be going to Dodge in a week to buy two new cars (A 2500 Mega cab 4X4 Truck, and a Charger RTX for the wife). I am a very loyal person, and if I only had the time to go over all the grief the H3 has caused us, I am sure you would understand..........................We are stuck with an H3 we cannot sell, which GM refuses to repair, and are afraid to drive as the rear end and transmission feel like they are ready to fall out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: H3 Hummer problems....

I looked for anything related to your concern as far as bulletins with no luck. I dont service Hummer so I dont have much experience with the vehicle. BTW, the member gargage is for pics of forum members vehicles, so I moved your post into the complaint section since it seems your beyond the point of someone fixing it. If you could provide us with more info on how/when the noise occurs maybe someone here would have some ideas.

Also it seems you may have the wrong Customer Assistance phone number, try this one:

HUMMER Customer Assistance Center
    P.O. Box 33177
    Detroit, MI 48232-5177
    www.HUMMER.com

1-866-HUMMER6 (1-866-486-6376)

1-800-833-6537 (For Text Telephone devices (TTYs))

Roadside Assistance: 1-866-HUMMER6 (1-866-486-6376)

Fax Number: 313-381-0022
    Last edited by shadams; 09-14-2007 at 03:24 PM.
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 mini1's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup, buying a top quality Dodge will surely solve your problem! NOT!
    Current Ride
    -All-New 2007 GMC Sierra SLE RCLB

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Canuck's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 CTS 3.6DI AWD, 05 Envoy

Why not drive it until the tranny fails then GM will have to repair the tranny under warranty. Then you can get rid of you H3.

jry
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member jry's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chrysler 300, others

don, i sent this to a GM friend of mine. i'll let you know what he says.
    we have an '06 H3. zero problems. sorry for your dilemmas.
    '13 Chrysler 300 AWD, '14 Expy EL,'09 Escape Hybrid and shopping for a sports car.
    Good night and good luck.

6.0 Liter L76 V8 Premium Member smith7629's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE

This is not hopeless, a mechanical problem should be diagnosable. A service manager needs to ride with you in it and start troubleshooting. It will take some time and determination but it can be done. Could be something simple as a loose shock or bad U-joint or something complicated like a poorly assembled rear differential. I hope in these days of computer diagnostics that the art of good old fashioned common sense and troubleshooting aren't lost. You won't get a computer code for something like this. I'm being totally serious when I say that the service manager in question needs to brush up on customer service, especially when it comes to this particular customer who is a loyal, repeat buyer. Bottom line: this is not normal and can be fixed.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Right on!^^^^^^ Hopefully he didnt just come in to complain and then never comes back.
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SDRacing's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    99' 2doe Tahoe, 03' Tahoe Z71

dumping an H3 and going to Dodge?? Good luck with that one.

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fighting_mad View Post
    I still continue to have problems with our 2006 H3. The knocking noise in the rear-end has become increasingly louder. After we sent it 150 miles to San Antonio for repairs, the dealer sent us some paperwork saying the noise is a "Normal Condition." If anyone else is having this problem: call me (361) 906-1224 Don Kidd .... I have been a loyal GM customer for 17 years (I have bought a new GM product every year for the past 9 years - 1998 GM 1500 truck, 1999 Chevy Blazer, 2000 Chevy Blazer, 2001 Avalanche, 2002 Avalanche, 2003 Cadillac, 2004 Avalanche 4X4, 2005 Hummer H2, 2006 Hummer H2 SUT for me & H3 for my wife................Anyway, we have attempted to sell the H3 and both prospective buyers declined due to the knocking noise (even though they knew it was still under warranty). We are considering the "Lemon Law." I am going to up the volume on all this and maybe get GM's attention as the "GM Cares" phone number 1-800-462-2737 has been constantly busy (I called about 10 times, and my secretary has called numerous times duing the day. Needless to say, I think I will be going to Dodge in a week to buy two new cars (A 2500 Mega cab 4X4 Truck, and a Charger RTX for the wife). I am a very loyal person, and if I only had the time to go over all the grief the H3 has caused us, I am sure you would understand..........................We are stuck with an H3 we cannot sell, which GM refuses to repair, and are afraid to drive as the rear end and transmission feel like they are ready to fall out.
    Hi buddy ,,about your knocking noise I work for a company which has four hummers on Fraser Island Australia we had a problem with the knocking noise and like you came up stumps from every body untill last week we pulled the rear door rubber off and drove around with one of the guys in the back and tracked the noise down to the bottom guide on the rear door a quick leaver with a pry bar and hey no more noise hope this helps JAY1on1

Walking
    Thanks

My 2007 H3 3.7L valve broke and damaged the #1 cylinder - now I need a new engine at 61K miles - 30% offer as "goodwill" warranty was a GM joke -- costs more then cash replacement and I get 3yr/100K warranty vs 12mo/12K under the "goodwill" program. What well-maintained engine should fail at 61K? Seems like valve problems are well know for the H3 yet GM takes little responsibility -- why buy another GM product?

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information