2009 GMC Acadia Liftgate

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2009 GMC Acadia Liftgate

Thanks

2009 GMC Acadia Liftgate

My aunt has a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT equipped with the power liftgate. She has had problems with it since day one. Sometimes it opens, sometimes it doesn't. The other day, it wouldn't close. When you shut the vehicle off and let it sit for a while it will work again. The dealer has tried to fix it, or when you take it to the dealer it works fine.

When you try to open it sometimes, you can hear the motor working and it actually "thumps" trying to open it and you can slightly see it push out, but then it gives up and you have to try to reopen it again. Other times it works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or does GM have a bulletin on it?

Any help of comments are appreciated.
    2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
    1989 Cadillac Brougham
    1987 Oldsmobile 442 (7,000 original miles with factory Astroroof)
    1987 Oldsmobile 442 (11,000 original miles with factory t-tops)
    1972 Oldsmobile 442
    1966 Oldsmobile 442 (one owner, needs resto)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2009 GMC Acadia Liftgate

There is a bulletin # 08-08-66-005A

Condition #9
    The power Lift Gate outside handle does not work all the time.
    The power Lift Gate outside handle requires extra force (have to squeeze hard) to operate.
    Cause
    Outside L/Gate touch pad malfunction.

Correction
    Inspect the L/Gate touch pad function.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member zete's Avatar
    Thanks

On my Enclave they had to replace some electronics in the rear hatch. There are bulletins on the hatch. The dealer should be able to find them and rectify the problem. They did on my Enclave. My dealer said they've seen the problem a few times at most and it's not big deal to fix. On Enclave's it's caused by moisture getting into the assembly.
    "Christians should not hold dumb opinions about the natural world based solely on misreadings of the Bible, especially opinions that can be demonstrably falsified by Reason, lest the Faith be subject to ridicule and mockery." -- St. Augustine of Hippo.

"Stop being dicks to the poor." Pope Francis, paraphrased.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC turbotoad's Avatar
    Thanks

My Enclave's lift gate started acting up one day also. I was closing it (pushed the button on the lift gate) and it got about halfway closed, made a loud "POP" noise and re-opened. I pushed the button (rear lift gate button) again and it wouldn't do anything. So I closed it by hand.

After that it would only close with either the key fob or the interior dash button. The button on the lift gate itself stopped working all together. And sometimes it would do weird stuff like open all by itself after the car was sitting for a few minutes. I actually came out of the house to find the lift gate open after parking it about an hour earlier.

I took it in to the Buick dealer and they said they had to replace the rear push button and some other "switch". I think he meant a relay/module but called it a switch. So far no other problems.

Walking
    Thanks

this is percisely why I didn't get the automatic lift gate just like the sliding door problems we had with the Uplander!

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information