2005 Uplander-you Would Think My Four Year Old Engineered It

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Uplander-you Would Think My Four Year Old Engineered It

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

2005 Uplander-you Would Think My Four Year Old Engineered It

I purchased my Uplander in March of '05. WHen there were less than three hundred miles on it the gas tank began leaking and had to be totally replaced. Since then the brakes started shuddering, the DVD player started humming the AC failed numerous times, the compass stopped calibrating and the weatherstripping on the door fell of twice. For the past few months my headlights started dimming intermittantly to the point where all I had left was the parking lights. When this happened, the interior lights also dimmed and the blower motor on the heater also shut down. The first few times I took it to the dealer service department they told me they could not duplicate my complaint and that it could be a normal operating condition. Then I realized after looking at the RO's they were not even driving it. So I continued to take it back and eventually after three months, a visit by a zone rep and a zone engineer, three alternators a pcm, a jumper wire, 5 terminals, an order by tech support to not replace any more parts because 5% of Suspect Trucks are not repairable, and a gentleman at GM repurchase who probably lacks the intellectual ability to operate a toliet, I am left with my vehicle that doesn't operate at an acceptable level of safety, a complaint to the NHTSA, a complaint to the FTC, and a lawyer who specailizes in Magnuson-Moss. Can anyone tell me why an all american company like GM doesn't have a desire or capacity to back it's products? Doesn't common sense tell you if you have someone that purchased a vehicle that cannot be repaired and she is willing to negotiate with you that you should replace the vehicle as opposed to facing legal proceedings, not to mention the multitude of other public venues she will explore to make sure no one else wastes three months being, for lack of a better term, screwed over by GM?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: 2005 Uplander-you Would Think My Four Year Old Engineered It

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

First and foremost, the equation:

GM + Common Sense
    comes back with a DNE: Does Not Exist.

I find your comment about the fuel tank leaking interesting, too. Did it result in a lot of gas fumes coming through the interior? We had a Relay for a week as a company car, and it constantly smelled like fuel throughout the car.

I'm really not that impressed with the CSVs, in all aspects - performance, styling, and quality - and I'm sorry you've been cursed with a particuarly bad one, at that.
    [center]
    Evan
    -----

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

I used the BBB autoline arbitration for a defective 1997 Camaro Z-28 convertible that met the guidelines for a repurchase under Ohio's lemon law.

The process worked and I received a refund - but, the process was slow and Chevrolet treated me VERY poorly. The selling dealer treated me very well. The Chevrolet Zone office representative should have been fired by Chevrolet.

Do NOT accept a poor quality vehicle. Research your state's vehicle lemon law and use it. In Ohio, GM participates in the BBB process and pays the cost. I did not use an attorney, but prepared the matter myself.

Good luck - you will NEVER be happy with the pile of junk you are stuck with.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

That sucks.
    Why didn't GM just cancel the CSVs and wait until the Lambda platform goes on line. My uncle's Venture had many problems, including some of your's, and it drove him away from GM products maybe for life.
    Proud driver of a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    5.2 Magnum V8
    164,000 miles

Thanks

My '01 Montana has almost 70,000 without any major problems. I'm sorry to hear about your '05 and what's sad about it is it basically all the same components at my '01 just a different interior and front end.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar FamilyTruckster's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Avalanche -Inferno Orange

That really sucks. I hate hearing about those things when it's a GM. I like hearing about it when it's another brand. I hope you get things fixed up soon. Good Luck.

My wife owns a 2003 Montana. She loves it and the only problem I have had was a broken windshield clip. I did it scraping ice off the windshield one day. I had to drive it to work today to get an oil change.
    Hidden Content
    GM Pro Certified Sales Consultant/Business Manager
    - 2011 Avalanche - Inferno Orange

GMI Contributor Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmhashope
    My '01 Montana has almost 70,000 without any major problems. I'm sorry to hear about your '05 and what's sad about it is it basically all the same components at my '01 just a different interior and front end.
    .........and engine, and electrical system, and computer control modules.......and wheels...........
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

Thanks

Why anybody would be fooled into buying one of these is beyond me.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - 112,000 mi.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by shadams
    .........and engine, and electrical system, and computer control modules.......and wheels...........
    There are more differences than simularities in both generations. The platform remained the same. We've had a few complaints on the new generation 05s but they have tapered off. They were mostly electrical (headlights dimming in and out) and the body side mouldings on the first few we recieved.
    Hidden Content

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

A few complaints that tapered off. Are you denying there is no fix for these problems and that GM tech support and the field engineer has said 5% of Suspect vehicles cannot be repaired. That is ALOT of cars!!!! The only reason the complaints tapered off is that the first 3 times you bring the vehicle into the service department they don't drive it and then tell you they cannot duplicate your complaint and that it might be normal operating conditions for this particular vehicle. Trust me, it gets better. Then they tell you after they follow the directions on the TSB that there is nothing else they can do and to come and pick up your car while the engineers work tirelessly on a solution. Really? Give me a break.

Thanks

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... The CSVs are complete crap.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blessingsx4
    A few complaints that tapered off. Are you denying there is no fix for these problems and that GM tech support and the field engineer has said 5% of Suspect vehicles cannot be repaired. That is ALOT of cars!!!! The only reason the complaints tapered off is that the first 3 times you bring the vehicle into the service department they don't drive it and then tell you they cannot duplicate your complaint and that it might be normal operating conditions for this particular vehicle. Trust me, it gets better. Then they tell you after they follow the directions on the TSB that there is nothing else they can do and to come and pick up your car while the engineers work tirelessly on a solution. Really? Give me a break.
    How many different dealerships have you been to? It may help to try a different one as some dealerships are more up on training than others.

Thanks

no offence, but it looks lke some Troubile.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Blessingsx4
    Easy now. I am in no way denying anything. I can only speak from what I see here. We are a small dealer so we are not representative of the entire population. All I can say is that we had some problems with the headlights. One customer in particular, a customer of mine, was really peeved. All I know is that he is happy now. It has been fixed and hopefully he won't have any problems. We have had no complaints at all recently with the last Uplanders/Montanas we have sold. That's all I'm saying.

I realize that you are frustrated and angry. I understand that. But I am only commenting with my experiences.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Does anyone want to start a petition begging GM to take this off the market? Uplander customers are not comming back to GM.

I know they need a minivan and everything, but they are really hurting their reputation with these things.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information