honda ridgeline on fire?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: honda ridgeline on fire?

Thanks

honda ridgeline on fire?

i have seen an article in toyotanation about the Honda Ridgeline cating fire do to the oil filter located very close to the exaust

anyone knows something alse about this?

here is the link in for toyotanation
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t129317.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala

Re: honda ridgeline on fire?

Avalanches don't catch fire

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Strapping.Young.Lad's Avatar
    Thanks

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ridgelines suck!!!!!
    1st. All of the struts break after going on dirt road.
    2nd: All of the Airbags go off when vehicle is standing still in park.
    3rd. Ridgeline goes on fire!!!!!!!!
    Man, Truck of the Year means NOTHING!
    1992 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T
    Formerly Known As: FordRules

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

i really hope that the media jumps on this, but they wont. wow this is more of the great honda engineering. the fridgeline sucks and its sales are showing that.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

I seem to remember some other hondas having that problem. Dont they know how to design exhaust?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 plane's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FordRules
    HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ridgelines suck!!!!!
    1st. All of the struts break after going on dirt road.
    2nd: All of the Airbags go off when vehicle is standing still in park.
    3rd. Ridgeline goes on fire!!!!!!!!
    Man, Truck of the Year means NOTHING!
    For a young kid, you've got your stuff together -
    Great memory.
    Killer flashing pictures on your sig.
    Nice job.
    Just remember that friends don't let friends drive Ridgelines.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Edmund Burke

Thanks

ok heres something i notice the other day..a guy turns on his car alarm/security system at sheetz...oh his ridgeline hmm seems innocent enough.........."closes eyes, thinking to self"~Who would even think of stealing that scrapheap they call a ridgeline..why does honda even put them on ridgelines lol...eww and what made me soo mad about a ridgeline...A CAMARO ON RACING SLICKS ala drag radials stands higher then that so called truck wth really????

Rocket88 - "There is a fine line between paying for exclusivity and paying for stupidity."...

Autoblog - In response to luxury cars not optioned with dipsticks anymore...
    - "so, does this also mean the death of turn signals? People dont use them either."

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 griswold44's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone post the article? It's not loading on my computer.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

The oil filter on a Ridgeline is no closer to the exhaust than any other Honda. Most all vehicles have it above or next to the exhaust for that matter. The CR-V had a recall where we swapped oil filters and inspected the filter to make sure the o-ring wasn't torn or anything.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Here is the post:

After reports of Odysseys, CR-Vs and Elements catching fire due to poorly located oil filters near the exhaust, a member at Blue Oval News checked out the NHTSA website. And sure enough, two 2006 Honda Ridgelines have been documented for catching fire.

Quote:
    Make: HONDA
    Model: RIDGELINE
    Type: TRUCK
    Year: 2006
    Complaint Number: 10146750
    Summary:
    FIRE IN ENGINE BAY OF NEW HONDA RIDGELINE, DEBRIS CAUGHT BETWEEN EXHAUST AND CATALYTIC CONVERTER. MAJOR DAMAGE. BOUGHT 2ND. RIDGELINE. 2 MINOR EPISODES OF BURNING SMELL WHILE USING ON DIRT ROADS. THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE! *JB

Make: HONDA
    Model: RIDGELINE
    Type: TRUCK
    Year: 2006
    Complaint Number: 10144782
    Summary:

WE GOT OUR RIDGELINE ON MARCH 12 A FEW DAYS THAT THEY HAD BEEN OUT, ONLY THE SECOND THAT THE DUVAL HONDA HAD SOLD. AND WE HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT LOVE THAT TRUCK. ON FRIDAY 11/25/05 ON MY WAY TO WORK, I AHD BEEN DRIVING ABOUT 5-8 MINTUES AND THEN I SMELT SOMETHING A LITTLE STRANGE.........COMING OUT OF THE AC VENT. I TURNED THE HEATER OFF......THE SMELL OF SMOKE STARTED TO GET HEAVIER AND HEAVIER. I LOOKED INTO THE VENT AND NOTICED THAT THERE WAS SMOKE AND FIRE BILLOWING INSIDE.....NOT SURE WHERE IT WAS COMING FROM...I GOT OUT OF THE TRUCK, CALLED FIRE/RESCUE, AND BEGAN TO GET MOST OF THE BELONGINGS THAT I COULD. THE TRUCK WAS FULLY INVOLVED BY TIME FIRE/RESCUE ARRIVED ON SCENE. I MUST SAY THAT, BACK IN SEPTMBER I NOTICED THAT THE RADIO WHICH IS STILL STOCK WAS WIRED INCORRECTLY, I MENTIONED IT THE LAST TIME THAT I TOOK THE BABY IN FOR SERVICING. THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO TAKE THE DASH OUT AND HAVE IT RE-WIRED THE CORRECT WAY. AND THAT IT WOULD BE AN ALL DAY AFFAIR, I HAVENT HAD THE TIME TO HAVE THAT DONE, AND MY DEALER DOESNT OFFER LOANER CARS. AM I SAYING THAT THIS IS THE REASON THAT THIS HAPPENED? I AM NOT SURE. AS ANYONE HAD ANYTHING SIMULAR?? *NM
    My question is...when is Honda going to do something about this? Ford got reamed in the F-series recall due to 150 or so trucks that caught fire from 1994-2003 models due to a faulty cruise control switch, but now Honda has approximately 50 or so fires (maybe more that I haven't read about) since 2003 and not a peep has been made. No recalls, few reports by the media, and no responsibility taken by Honda Motor.

If this was any domestic automaker, the outrage would reverberate throughout every publication in the nation. Instead, Hondas fires have fallen upon deaf ears, and the vehicle that earned two Truck of the Year awards is literally on fire.

The F-series fires were due to a defective switch by a Ford supplier; the Honda fires are due to poor design by Honda. Honda knows about this, but refuses to do anything besides blame the dealerships and mechanics. With Acura sales in the proverbial dumpster, criticism and slowing sales of the Accord Hybrid, and the overpriced and undercapable (and now fire-prone) Honda Ridgeline, I can't help but think that Honda is starting to slip up. The only thing propping Honda up right now is the '06 Civic...everything else is either leveling out or losing sales, according to the February 06 figures.
    Last edited by TaHoE; 04-04-2006 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks

Must be an AC/Delco Filter on a Honda.
    Find me at: Motor Gnomes
    Follow me on Twitter at: Motor Gnomes1

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMCSonoma
    This can't be true. I think this is all an April Fool's joke...Hondas do not have failures like this. Only poorly made domestics and the minority of Americans that own them experience this.
    I'd laugh if this didn't seem to have merit. The last time I saw a JD Power report, Honda and Acura were still above the industry average, but in the lower quarter. Looks like they may be suffering from the Mercedes Effect...

Thanks

Honda going down in quality? Only in North America.

I've read reviews from some disgruntled Acura TL owners, complaning about transmission failures.

Honda reputation is pretty solid in UK.

The S2000 was voted the most satisfing car in UK and Honda topped all Satisfaction surveys in UK.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RamJet502's Avatar
    Thanks

Legendary Honda quality and reliability - hilarious! They should leave making trucks to the professionals.

Thanks

I like the Ridgeline, I've only rode in one though.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information