Opel/Holden Torana

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opel/Holden Torana

Thanks

Opel/Holden Torana

Opel/Holden Torana.

This is the my first time using photoshop, so here goes...

This is a combined effort by Opel and Holden after they are Sold-off. Holden and Opel both buy themselfs back and then join up as they have had a long working relationship.

This new Torana is built on a reduced Zeta platform. 5 point multi-link suspension rear and BMW styled front suspension Give high ride Quality at a great price.

The motors are a
    A fuel efficient 2.0L I4 Turbo producing 190 hp at 6100rpm and 310 nm of torque at 3900 rpm.
    Also a 3.6L V6 producing 230 hp at 5900 rpm and 350 nm of torque
    at 4000 rpm.
    And as a AUS/NZ/Middle East option only, 6.0L V8 DOD producing 350 Hp at 5100 rpm and 470 nm of torque at 3100 rpm.

This Torana will be produced in Australia for AUS/NZ and the Middle East.
    with a smaller plant producing it in Europe to reduce costs.(exchange rates.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

“For the looks, I think the Charger tries too hard to look cool. It's the fat guy with a bald patch wearing fiery tattoos and a muscle shirt. The G8 is the mixed martial arts champion that strolls around in dockers and a golf shirt because he knows how to fight and doesn't feel the need to impress anyone with a tough guy outfit."
    Michael_S

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Opel/Holden Torana

and this.

“For the looks, I think the Charger tries too hard to look cool. It's the fat guy with a bald patch wearing fiery tattoos and a muscle shirt. The G8 is the mixed martial arts champion that strolls around in dockers and a golf shirt because he knows how to fight and doesn't feel the need to impress anyone with a tough guy outfit."
    Michael_S

Administrator Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Except for the paint colors (And some addition near the mufflers), I can't see any difference between this is and the current Torana Concept. I see no Opel influence here. This is a design contest. Just changing colors on an already existing car doesn't really qualify as an all new design.

Furthermore, since Opel and Holden both are currently under the GM banner, your idea doesn't really flow with the theme of the contest.

Sorry to be harsh.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC 80ssportlover's Avatar
    Thanks

The back looks decent. Is that based on the Toyota Celica? I cant quite put my finger on it. The second image is well, not too pretty. Whats with the shogun total war symbol on the hood.
    Last edited by 80ssportlover; 11-30-2005 at 07:21 AM.
    My Fiero History. Rachel and Abby

I AM Fiero Fotographia, Myspace Fiero and Gornitzka Photography

Thanks

Ok here is a new front. Based on the Holden Torana and the Opel Speedster.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 80ssportlover
    Whats with the shogun total war symbol on the hood.
    That was just a picture i had on my computer. Put it on there when i was learning the program. Then couldn't workout how to remove it.
    Plus, I really like the game.

Michael_S

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider
    Furthermore, since Opel and Holden both are currently under the GM banner, your idea doesn't really flow with the theme of the contest.

Porsche buys Holden and Opel as they wanted to expand into the main market production. They pick Holden and Opel as they have great reputation in their respective markets. Also Porche does not want to cheapen the Porche Brand name, so they tell the Opel/Holden designers to design a
    mid-size car for both markets using little to no Porsche parts or design Q's.(They are only trying to make more money, not expand the Porsche brand.)

Is that any better?

Michael_S

Administrator Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

No, not really. It's a design contest, not an essay contest.

Add some elements of a non-GM based company.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC P1h3r1e3d13's Avatar
    Thanks

What would happen to poor, forgotten Vauxhaul? Or are we just assuming that Vauxhaul=Opel?
    1994 Taurus LX 3.8L with probably the only AXOD to pass 100k miles.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Pawtucket, RI, USA and Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FISH
    Porsche buys Holden and Opel as they wanted to expand into the main market production. They pick Holden and Opel as they have great reputation in their respective markets. Also Porche does not want to cheapen the Porche Brand name, so they tell the Opel/Holden designers to design a
    mid-size car for both markets using little to no Porsche parts or design Q's.(They are only trying to make more money, not expand the Porsche brand.)

Is that any better?
    So what are we expecting next, an Opel Vectra based on the Passat? Remember, Porsche and VW, although separate companies, are actually bedfellows since both were founded by Dr Ing. h. c. Ferdinand Porsche (Doctor Engineer honoris causa) and who knows, if Porsche and VW merge, and your plan was implemented at the same time, guess that would make for something interesting.
    Last edited by DanCBJMS1988; 12-01-2005 at 04:01 PM.
    Θέλει αρετή και τόλμη η ελευθερία. (Ανδρέας Κάλβος)

Buffalo - Outside HSBC Arena Cheering for the Sabres
    Thanks

Take your existing chop and add some non-gm (porshe/vw if thats what you want) elements, you'll be able to keep what you've done while keeping in the contest.

Thanks

Ok. I will start a new thread when I have comeup with a different idea.

Michael_S

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information