GM Inside News Forum banner

Would this front end sell the new 'face' of Chevy

Continued chop from Cruze Facelift Leaked Video (in News Ticker)

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  camaro_freak 
#1 · (Edited)
Continued work from video: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/2013-chevrolet-cruze-facelift-leaked-video-111169/

Took everyone's advice and revised the lower fascia - part 'Bu part Impala Frankenstein! A good mixture of both design languages that somehow works almost perfectly.

comments welcome!

Items created/modded
- chrome trim around window openings now instead of just along the bottom
- new wheels from Malibu
- hood and headlights and grille from Impala
- lower fascia heavily modified from Malibu
- reworked tail light shape slightly

See less See more
#2 ·
decent chop. but it doesnt work. everything looks like its being forced as the Cruze obviously wasnt built to adapt cues from the new Impala. I do like that you blended some Malibu into it though. it links Chevy's design language together. The chrome trim by the rear view mirror shouldextend all the way down to the beltline. otherwise great work!

#4 ·
I *like* the graphic elements - esp "relieved" to see the new headlites
but the front's overall shape is kinda blocky & the 'face' seems a bit too upright & flat (hard to modify with that angle imho)
also
would you like to change the C-pillar's black plastic thingie? (or mind if I did?)
thinking extending the rear edge of the door window just slightly and adding a chrome 'wrap' would help greatly - even if it comes out hofmeister-ish)

#6 ·
I like the theme but as stated doesn't flow all that well but I do understand it is just a chop.
Fog lights are way better than what is out there as the '13 change, like the upper grill that gets rid of the grill relief in the current Cruzes hood. Like the headlights.

C-pillar plastic insert: it is not going anywhere except maybe body colored until there is a major redesign of the car. To stamp the side differently you are talking a fairly substantial change to the body side dies, not gonna happen.

#9 ·
lowboy - when you mean flow what you mean exactly, flow with the rest of the car or just flow of the overall change in front end appearance?
Hard to put my finger on it but I think its the leading edge around the top of the facia/hood area. Mainly looking from the bowtie to over the RH headlamp. Could just be optical illusion with the editing thou.

We could just glue on some fake hood scoops.....

#12 ·
The Impala's grill may be fine, but the headlights do not compliment the rest of the car.
I'd like to see the 2013 Impala's grill w/the Cruze's headlights.

!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.