Custom Titles/Cool Names

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Custom Titles/Cool Names

  1. #1
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 amark329's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Custom Titles/Cool Names

    I noticed when I came on to GMI today that the staff all have cool text effects on their names. I think everyone should be able to have those and custom user titles. I am a member of a board that uses this same setup and they have a sysyem in which when you earn enough posts you can edit your name effects and title. I don't think it's fair that just the staff get it.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 PontiacJ8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    *Pontiac~Avenue*
    Posts
    1,500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The reason we don't have that option quite yet is because who knows what some people will come up with....Some may be offensive.

  4. #3
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's so different between that and signatures/user names and posts? Can't you just monitor them like you would anything else?

  5. #4
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 PontiacJ8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    *Pontiac~Avenue*
    Posts
    1,500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like I said before- We'll get to it at one point.

  6. #5
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 Skie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The glow effect only works in IE for right now. And we're still making minor changes here and there to the site. I don't know if we'll keep this glow effect, but I think we just might. Once we have the board right where we want it, we might start expanding our features. I would definately like to offer a few extra features to our members, but that'll all happen in time.
    This is my sig. Isn't it pretty?

  7. #6
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 bakerna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, I just started using firefox and I noticed that the glow effect doesn't work here, only at school (IE). I dont' really think that the glow effects are all that important, not to me anyway, but I like the little subtitle things you can do. Those are fun, or a little "moo" bar at the bottom


  8. #7
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar dav305z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skie
    The glow effect only works in IE for right now. And we're still making minor changes here and there to the site. I don't know if we'll keep this glow effect, but I think we just might. Once we have the board right where we want it, we might start expanding our features. I would definately like to offer a few extra features to our members, but that'll all happen in time.
    lol i was wondering why i didn't see anything. in safari i just see the admin names in red. oh well - i get pop up protection and virus invulnerablility. worth the trade off .

  9. #8
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 Skie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerna
    yeah, I just started using firefox and I noticed that the glow effect doesn't work here, only at school (IE). I dont' really think that the glow effects are all that important, not to me anyway, but I like the little subtitle things you can do. Those are fun, or a little "moo" bar at the bottom
    A what bar? A cow bar? You want a cow on your bar?
    This is my sig. Isn't it pretty?

  10. #9
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 Skie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dav305z
    lol i was wondering why i didn't see anything. in safari i just see the admin names in red. oh well - i get pop up protection and virus invulnerablility. worth the trade off .
    One of the reasons I only use Linux.
    This is my sig. Isn't it pretty?

  11. #10
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 bakerna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I meant mood bar, lol sorry Skie


  12. #11
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 Skie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerna
    I meant mood bar, lol sorry Skie
    Ahh... That makes more sense. I'll have to see what's available.
    This is my sig. Isn't it pretty?

  13. #12
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Clarkston, MI
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Custom Titles/Cool Names

    So how do I get a title under my name?

    [EDIT]
    Or, rather, how do I get it changed from walking to something else? I'm lazy, I don't walk unless I have to
    [/EDIT]

  14. #13
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 giagastormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,303
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Custom Titles/Cool Names

    Quote Originally Posted by naskie18
    So how do I get a title under my name?

    [EDIT]
    Or, rather, how do I get it changed from walking to something else? I'm lazy, I don't walk unless I have to
    [/EDIT]
    As your post count increases, so will your engine rating.

  15. #14
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Clarkston, MI
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Custom Titles/Cool Names

    Quote Originally Posted by giagastormer
    As your post count increases, so will your engine rating.
    Ah, gotcha. I thought it was custom text entered by people to show what they're driving. Makes much more sense now Thanks!

    Nick

  16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2