Silverado - "LTZ" vs "LT with Texas Edition" vs "LT with All Star Edition"

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Silverado - "LTZ" vs "LT with Texas Edition" vs "LT with All Star Edition"

Walking
    Thanks

Silverado - "LTZ" vs "LT with Texas Edition" vs "LT with All Star Edition"

This forum is so darned helpful that I thought I would get some advice in understanding content differences between the subject trim levels for new Silverado (1500 Crew Cab, 2WD).

I want a new pickup with all of the bells and whistles, and until recently that led me to think that the LTZ was the way to go.

That is, until I started to pay attention to LT models available with the two packages commonly offered here in Houston area - "Texas Edition", and "All Star Edition", which are similar.

I can purchase an LT with either of these packages, plus the convenience package, 20" wheels (included with Texas package), Bose stereo, and leather (either 40/20/40 or buckets), and the result is a vehicle with practically all of the content of the LTZ, for about $3-4K less than the price of an LTZ.

In doing this I give up only the LTZ upgraded instrument panel, center console, heated front seats, and a few minor details such as body colored bumpers, external mirrors with turn signal built in and power fold, and I can't get a sunroof or rear entertainment with the LT. I can live with that! I like the fancier dash and instrument panel of the LTZ, but I don't think I want to pay an additional $3-4K to get it!

I gain more $ in my pocket, plus the ability to have the 40/20/40 front seating (vs buckets only for the LTZ), larger storage between the seats and with a flat top (with the 40/20/40), and probably a roomier feeling driver/passenger cabin. (And if I want the bucket seats, I can have those too).

Bottom line, from a content standpoint, it seems to me that you can get an LT model with everything meaningful from the LTZ, for several thousand less. That is a real savings!

Am I missing something? It seems to me that you pay a very substantial premium for the LTZ model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Silverado - "LTZ" vs "LT with Texas Edition" vs "LT with All Star Edition"

I have the 40/20/40 seats and love them ! do they offer that in leather ? I didn't know that ..

I have the cloth.

I don't know how much they are asking but in 2010 I bought my LT with power everything, backup camera, remote start, tow/ package etc for $31,000 after all discounts ... does that help ?

Also, I got the 8ft long box, I believe that adds $700 to the price .
    I think my LT truck has everything except leather, and the ugly lower instrument panel ..

and I will NEVER buy a pickup with buckets ever !
    Last edited by 191185; 10-26-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    2010 Silverado Ext cab, LONG BOX, 5.3L 4X4

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information